new member - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new member

Quote Originally Posted by colintf View Post

The colour, I think its called "Poseidon"
    Gosh, who'd have known that!
    Tony Dennis
    I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues.

Welcome along Mick

Before you invest in new handbrake parts take a look on here about adjusting the handbrake - they are a, to use a technical term, crap design and a pain to adjust but it can be done.

I'll drop you a PM re the rear discs
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Default thanks everybody

already been in my local garage he said the handbrake cables looked stretched somebody had tried to make it work by putting washers behind plate and the handbrake (just reading in members area this seems to be common practice) pads are in poor condition, i wondered about getting the pads relined at my local LCP automotive shop has anybody tried this
    thanks mick
    Last edited by sparkymick; 29-12-2010 at 07:49 PM.

I think someone has found an equivalent They will be along later I think Woollysox may also know the details........... he will be along soon

Supercharged

In my mind it is the short cable (accessed at the handbrake lever) that stretches, mine had been wound down so tight that the adjusting nut had been screwed passed the end of the threaded adjuster. Packed it out with washers and it can now be adjusted fine.

Cleaning the inside of the discs and making sure the whole mechanism can move freely also helps.

We have initiated the production of a new set of handbrake cables but I'm afraid the order book is closed as we needed to get the order placed before Christmas, we will be lookng at another sometime next year.
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

If you need mine Mick you are more than welcome- I dont need them yet- they are just for the ever expanding spares pile.

welcome to the collective by the way- nice colour
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thanks but seemed to be sorted new discs coming, handbrake pads to be relined, and the garage i use said they can sort the cables
    fingers crossed