se or not? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: se or not?

Shot Silk & Supercharged

I have a non-SE but came with Apex and Sunroof. Have since added alcantara seats and have an electric sun blind waiting to be fitted.

I think the only other thing I would like would be cruise control (although car came with steering wheel cruise buttons?) but I do believe it could be retro fitted by someone like Conrad Anderson and would utilise the OE switches. But then I don't think it's the type of car that would suit cruise control, I think it begs to be "driven"

Quote Originally Posted by ksilver View Post
    I have a non-SE but came with Apex and Sunroof. Have since added alcantara seats and have an electric sun blind waiting to be fitted.

I think the only other thing I would like would be cruise control (although car came with steering wheel cruise buttons?) but I do believe it could be retro fitted by someone like Conrad Anderson and would utilise the OE switches. But then I don't think it's the type of car that would suit cruise control, I think it begs to be "driven"
    Cruise control is good for the long distance boring motorway driving. Trying to have fun with the car on the M-roads can win you lots of lovely points and journeys by bus . The CC helps limit the use of the heavy right foot
    Andrew Flewin

ZT260SE #269

The mind is like a parachute, it only functions when open.

Technically my car is 100kg lighter.... you would have to pay a few tens of thousands to get that kinda of weight reduction in a Ferrari or Lambo...

haha

I'm pretty sure they would weigh almost the same. No idea where that 100kg value came from. Maybe SEs came with a tank of fuel...
    Ian

Have to say it comes down to personal choice and though there is a weight saving, I haven't heard any one say that the non SE's are any quicker cos of being lighter. Personally I went for an SE because I just knew that I'd want some of the "toys" when I saw other peoples cars. As for the electrics, I've done over 55,000 miles now in the two SE's I've had and the electrics have never been a problem. Whichever car you go for-just know you'll lurve it!!

Default Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to all that got back to me regarding question. Hopefully i can strike a deal with the guy who owns the red one on ebay this week. I will keep you all informed.
    regards
    cooky

fingers crossed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shot Silk & Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by cooky6660 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to all that got back to me regarding question. Hopefully i can strike a deal with the guy who owns the red one on ebay this week. I will keep you all informed.
    regards
    cooky
    Prepare to be assimilated

I was thinkning about that red one when I was looking if you can get it for a good price go for it, the SE has more stuff but the simplicity of the non SE makes it still a very good purchase,

I have had both and being a bit older wanted some more creature comforts, but love the non SE, especially the lack of traction control, no button to turn off, just did its thing!

Well mine is a non SE (although with electric rear windows, Alcantara seats and Xenon headlights) and I don't regret it for one minute. No traction control is a bonus from what others have said. I just went for the best condition I could find and it just hapenned to be non-se, would have bought either.

PS no sunroof drains to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
    The xenons one one of the main reasons I wanted an SE, very hard to reto fit...
    Do you mean from a cost perspective
    as it is a doddle DIY

I have a spare set I removed from one of my CDTs for if I should ever need a replacement as a result of a misguided decision involving me going to fast and hitting something of the unintentional nature.
    Keith Alexander, Ellesmere, Shropshire UK,