Parts final drive / rear differential / hydratrak

Thread: Parts final drive / rear differential / hydratrak

Default Parts final drive / rear differential / hydratrak

Dear all,
    although my final drive does make only a little noise but has a lot of play between crownwheel and pinion I want to take it out and adjust. In case of any parts beeing dubious i want to have them laying on my bench before starting this procedure.
    Does anyone know where are parts for the hydratrak are availlable?
    Thank´s for any help,
    Regards,
    Christian

#597-Xpower Grey Rover V8 gadget's Avatar

I have seen a complete new Dana unit on EBay - £499.00. Failing that I have been told the TVR dealerships can get bits direct from Australia if needed.
    Gary
    Bedfordshire

Cars:
    1973 MG Midget 1275cc
    2005 Rover 75 V8

MODs:
    V8 - Mod to Fan Resistor, Fuel clip, Heating valve and heater hose. Added Real wood dash, Walnut trims, Rear sun blind, Rover custom mats, Double Din touch screen SatNav, Reversing Camera, Sub woofer, Tyre pressure monitor, Twin horns and blue interior boot lights.
    MG - Electronic ignition, carb filters. Added Radio console, Walnut Dash, heated seats, WindBreak, sound proofing, hidden radio and speakers, gauge and alarm.

#597-Xpower Grey Rover V8 gadget's Avatar
    Gary
    Bedfordshire

Cars:
    1973 MG Midget 1275cc
    2005 Rover 75 V8

MODs:
    V8 - Mod to Fan Resistor, Fuel clip, Heating valve and heater hose. Added Real wood dash, Walnut trims, Rear sun blind, Rover custom mats, Double Din touch screen SatNav, Reversing Camera, Sub woofer, Tyre pressure monitor, Twin horns and blue interior boot lights.
    MG - Electronic ignition, carb filters. Added Radio console, Walnut Dash, heated seats, WindBreak, sound proofing, hidden radio and speakers, gauge and alarm.

I can get you the bits but they can be expensive. I have a new unit here that could be cheaper than fixing your old unit. Find out what is wrong and take it from there. PM me when you know what you need.

Okay, thank you.
    As it is deep winter with loads of snow the car sits in my workshop anyway the next few months, so there is enough time to take the axle in bits. I only want to adjust the backlash and renew the seals.
    Cheers,
    Christian

We keep the seals in stock.

no. 172 ZT SE Monogram

I would be interested in how you get on with this Chris, because I think min needs to have the preload and/or back lash adjusted also.

How many miles has your car done and what makes you think this is required on your differential?

My car has done 105000 miles (168000km). It doesnt really make any noise except for a slight whine at low speeds, however the car has always had a slight looseness in the drive train that gives a slight knock in some situations and I think this is from the diff.

But I decided not to worry about it, and 20000 miles with it like this and no problems, its not getting any worse. But if there was a simple fix I would be interetsed.

good luck!
    MG ZT 260 SE Monogram, Olive black 2004 (LPG)
    Ford Mustang 289ci V8 (4.7) Convertible 1967, Silver
    Chevy Corvette convertible 350ci V8 (5.7), 1974, Metallic Blue
    Pontiac Firebird 403ci V8 (6.6), 1977, red
    Rover 214 Si 16v 1994 M White/grey (1600 k series)
    Rover 220 Turbo Coupe FDH 1995
    Rover Mini Cooper 1997 P
    Volvo 960 24v 2.9 estate 1991 J (in family from new)
    VW Polo 1.4SE auto 2005 (in family from new)
    Jaguar Mk 2 resto project
    Mercedes GLB 200d (lease)