Car Info please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Info please

Default Car Info please

Hi All

I am thinking of buying 000168 and wondered if anyone head any information regarding this car. Drove her the other day but unfortunately didn't really get a chance to open her up due to rush hour traffic. This is the first 260 that I have driven so wasn't sure what to expect, the one surprise is how much engine noise you get in the cabin, I guess I was expecting when cruising for it to be hushed, not that its a bad noise of course!

Any info is greatly received,

Thanks

howdy, cant see anything in the vin thread.

look out for full service history with no gaps. where are you, someone local may go and give it the once over .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

It was built 15/12/2003 and registered on 29/05/2004 in X Power Grey

Last seen on pistonheads....

Not sure where you are, but my one is up for sale (No 146) if you want a car to compare.

no. 172 ZT SE Monogram

hi,

i dont know anything sbout 168 though others may do, but 171 and 172 (mine) are both on the forums so it would be in good company!

If it has x-power exhausts fitted (are they 2* single oval's as opposed to 2*twins?) then yes they are quite noisy, and can be quite boomy at say 1500-2000rpm. but under light throttle/cruising on the motorway it's fine I find.

I remember when I first drove mine when looking to buy - I knew noting of the cars, and hadnt driven any other so was a bit unsure. I found it fairly course to be honest! But then you start to realise its charms and capabilities
    MG ZT 260 SE Monogram, Olive black 2004 (LPG)
    Ford Mustang 289ci V8 (4.7) Convertible 1967, Silver
    Chevy Corvette convertible 350ci V8 (5.7), 1974, Metallic Blue
    Pontiac Firebird 403ci V8 (6.6), 1977, red
    Rover 214 Si 16v 1994 M White/grey (1600 k series)
    Rover 220 Turbo Coupe FDH 1995
    Rover Mini Cooper 1997 P
    Volvo 960 24v 2.9 estate 1991 J (in family from new)
    VW Polo 1.4SE auto 2005 (in family from new)
    Jaguar Mk 2 resto project
    Mercedes GLB 200d (lease)

Wow, what speedy replies - thanks.

I am located in Wiltshire, near Marlborough. The car is over in Alton at Elite Cars - the seller did post that the car was for sale on this forum. Its got 63k on it, seemd generally good apart from a few small scratches. Also had some rubbish tyres on it so they need replacing- this always worries me as it hints at a cash short owner. Any views on value (pm me if you wouldn't mind) would also be appreciated.

If anyone did get a chance to look at it I'd be really grateful.

Must admit that I did think it was a bit coarse and not that fast but since driving it feel it is growing on me. It didn't help that I drove an AMG merc last week that was like wotsit off a shovel but seemed to rely on power to be interesting - I would loose my license in no time!

Many Thanks

Welcome along Jonathan

James from Elite is on here and like you has access to the knowledge here so I would not be concerned about the standard of the car. Like Greeners said the car is coming up 7 in a couple of months and is in standard trim.

Do check for the fuel clip and hose as these will give you jip.

The car is not the fastest for the cc but you do get a good sound track and with a little modding will keep up with the AMG's of this world.........as long as they are speed limited the same as us.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

All I can say is-I always wanted one and after driving, well it's not the fastest car, but just that wonderful lazy V8! Plenty of mods available and 400 brake horse power is only another £7k away!! As for tyres, they are often replaced as often as the oil and filter, so cheaper make is not un common! I'm now on my second one and lurve it still. AND not wishing to miss an opportunity-I've got a Poseidon Chromeactive one for sale if you fancy being different?

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

Hi and welcome
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

no. 172 ZT SE Monogram

yes I think the speed is deceptive, its actually quicker than you think - check if it has had a different intake throttle body fitted (the original has a Mustang pony emblem) as this does make it feel a lot free-er at the top end.

When you get used the the tall gear ratios then you can get the best out of it - 3000-5250rpm is, for me anyway, where I get the most out of it, and in 2nd, 3rd, 4th it pulls like a train! People in pretty much any car have to work pretty hard to get away, but I find I do have to change down because especially 5th is quite tall.

0-60 in 6.2 seconds was, until not actually that long ago - pretty much super car pace remember

Some of the AMG mercs are quick though - which was it? I had a dable with SL55AMG soon after I got it, and I gave him a run for his money down the A3!
    MG ZT 260 SE Monogram, Olive black 2004 (LPG)
    Ford Mustang 289ci V8 (4.7) Convertible 1967, Silver
    Chevy Corvette convertible 350ci V8 (5.7), 1974, Metallic Blue
    Pontiac Firebird 403ci V8 (6.6), 1977, red
    Rover 214 Si 16v 1994 M White/grey (1600 k series)
    Rover 220 Turbo Coupe FDH 1995
    Rover Mini Cooper 1997 P
    Volvo 960 24v 2.9 estate 1991 J (in family from new)
    VW Polo 1.4SE auto 2005 (in family from new)
    Jaguar Mk 2 resto project
    Mercedes GLB 200d (lease)

I may be able to give it a look over - would be early afternoon Wednesday if you know James will be there - I'll be driving past the door. PM me if required
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end