Wanted ZT 260
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted ZT 260

Default Wanted ZT 260

Hi im new to this site so please bare with me . Im looking for a immaculate 260. Can anyone tell me the advantages/ disadvantages with the mark1 and mark2's please, stuff to look out for.
    To be honest id rather buy from someone off this site. Any info/ pics please contact me on cooky 21at hotmail.com
    regards
    cooky
    Last edited by cooky6660; 14-10-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: advised by member

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

Good idea to come here first - they come up reasonably regularly.

Mk1/2 argument is very subjective, but I think the Mk2 is much better (guess what I've got). Personal preference is all it boils down to...

I think you should define what you want by 'mint' - it might help.

Oh, don't put your email address in true form as you'll start getting spam - try using something like cooky21 at hotmail.com. Go on, change your last post now
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
    Good idea to come here first - they come up reasonably regularly.

Mk1/2 argument is very subjective, but I think the Mk2 is much better (guess what I've got). Personal preference is all it boils down to...

I think you should define what you want by 'mint' - it might help.

Oh, don't put your email address in true form as you'll start getting spam - try using something like cooky21 at hotmail.com. Go on, change your last post now

Thanks for putting me straight...............

depends what you want, are you after plain and understated, or blingy chromactive.

John newey at summit garages has a nice poseidon one, one of the nicest chromactive colours.

only minor differences between mark 1 and 2, mark 2 has rough dash finish, mark 1 is smooth, mark 2 has traction control but its very crude.

all cars have minor niggles, all easily sortable, and if buying off someone on here should be sorted.

you can also get SE spec with all the toys, but the telly is analogue and the sat nav useless but can be updated, non SE which is lighter, or some models with some of the SE bits. where are you, Im sure someone local to you will give you a blast, let you look at their cars, view potential purchases, we are a helpful lot on here.

good luck, and start practising grinning as you will be doing a lot of it when you find the right car.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by black olive View Post
    depends what you want, are you after plain and understated, or blingy chromactive.

John newey at summit garages has a nice poseidon one, one of the nicest chromactive colours.

only minor differences between mark 1 and 2, mark 2 has rough dash finish, mark 1 is smooth, mark 2 has traction control but its very crude.

all cars have minor niggles, all easily sortable, and if buying off someone on here should be sorted.

you can also get SE spec with all the toys, but the telly is analogue and the sat nav useless but can be updated, non SE which is lighter, or some models with some of the SE bits. where are you, Im sure someone local to you will give you a blast, let you look at their cars, view potential purchases, we are a helpful lot on here.

good luck, and start practising grinning as you will be doing a lot of it when you find the right car.
    Hey bud thanks alot, im in North Warwickshie not realy after the blingy thing, not my cup of tea!! I will just have to keep looking,
    regards
    cooky

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Cooky

My MKI is up for sale.....(I'm after a MKII).

There's an ad in the for sale section.

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

Hi and welcome - good luck in the hunt
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

Hi Cooky, the MG ZT 260SE I have for sale is in Poseidon Chromeactive, however it is one of the more understated Chromeactive colours-there are some pics in the for sale section. As regards to "mint" this car won best modern MG saloon at the MG show at RAF Cosford in 2009. We are only in Dudley and so not a million miles from yourself. If you want to come and have a look, then give me a call on 01384 259555. I'm always glad to talk to fellow ZT 260 enthusiasts.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by John Newey View Post
    Hi Cooky, the MG ZT 260SE I have for sale is in Poseidon Chromeactive, however it is one of the more understated Chromeactive colours-there are some pics in the for sale section. As regards to "mint" this car won best modern MG saloon at the MG show at RAF Cosford in 2009. We are only in Dudley and so not a million miles from yourself. If you want to come and have a look, then give me a call on 01384 259555. I'm always glad to talk to fellow ZT 260 enthusiasts.
    Good call.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Quote Originally Posted by John Newey View Post

Thanks for letting me know about your car, im realy after a black or if im lucky? a red one. Can you tell me if theres anything to look out for regarding these motors?
    regards
    cooky