Insurance - alarm troubles - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insurance - alarm troubles

Quote Originally Posted by woolleysox View Post
    I have just received my renewal from privilege and they are now stating car is not insured for theft or attempted theft unless i can prove That a thatcham 1 alarm is fitted. The fact the has a paid up tracker fitted does not count? They want proof from my gargage that a thatcham 1 alarm has been fitted. What a bunch of tossers take your money then tell you. I have a month to resolve reinsure with someone else. I think it may well be with someone else

acording to th e lisrt provided by VMAX and Ajay the car comes with a standard fit thacham approved alarm I will try them with that.
    Had the same problem got it tested and certified at the Lucas center in Redditch £45 so no probs now lets hope you can get it sorted if you need the number of the place I used let me know, Good luck.

Martin

Hi Martin thanks for the info my office is in Redditch so that may work well can you pm me the details please. The garage that service my car have offered to print me off a letter for the insurance company and I will include copy of the list provided by Vmax and Ajay. If not accepted I will be back

Sorted letter from garage sent to insurance now have letter back from insurance stating all in order simples!! still a pain in the ass though.

Had the same probs many moons ago. Had tracker fitted which monitors the car and never worked got a refund for that one £400 to fit and £150 a year to do nothing. Was told when tracker tested it if the car was parked next to trees or near houses it would not pick it up handy!

One other company asked me for proof of cat 1 i was lucky just rang them up and asked them did they abide by the ABI code of pracrice? which they will say yes to and then just tell them the car is listed with them as having a cat 1 alarm immob.

I just got a GSM tracker/imobiliser and works very well. I can do live tracking it texts me when the car has been opened or moved i can even cut the engine with a text command handy when you are behind the thiving sods!