Hello all,

Firstly i apologise if this post is in the wrong place or considered inapropriate.

I self employed motor trader but i am also a keen car enthusiast so i thought i would do a little research about a car i have aquired and also possibly find it a new home.

The car is a march 04 MG 260 SE in X power grey, it is a one private owner car (not demo + 1, one owner, V5 shows no of former keepers none) the owner bought it new and he is now 82 so swapped it yesterday for something a little more sensible and comforatable, it has covered 39k with full supplying dealer history. It has all the usual SE options and is in very very good condition as its been cherished from new, the only thing i could find fault with is some wear on the drivers seat bolster from getting in and out. It is a pre faclift model and the vin ends 000044 so i am assuming this makes it car no 44. Although i know the supplying dealer and have known and yearned after this car from new, now i have it i have the dilema of what to do with it, even though i consider it to be as safe as money in the bank for the future i cant really justify keeping it as i already have to many older cars/projects and to be honest its still a bit modern to really get me going, i see/drive and deal in too many modern cars to be excited by them, i like cars that were around when i was a child.

I am a motor trader, and trader meaning trade, i have no premisies and do not deal direct with the public, i sell to retail dealers but on occasion when i come across something a bit different i like to educate myself a bit about them and on this occasion thought my research may lead me to a genuine enthusiastic new owner that would appreciate the car rather than me just move it on into the trade, therefore although i would still want to sell the car on trade terms ie no warranty this would be an opportunity for someone to cut out the retail middle man and get themselves a nice original honest car with a good pedigree that has never been offered for sale before or possibly known to the 260 scene.

As i said i am in the trade so i have a fair idea of what the car is worth, i also know that these cars make what they are worth not what any guide books say they are worth, even in the trade if yiu try to buy one using any kind of guide you will not be buying one.

If anyone can tell me anymore about the car including its vin number spec, what they think its worth, or if anyone is looking for one and think they may be interested please let me know.

Regards
Paul.