Do I use polish or wax after claying ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do I use polish or wax after claying ?

Neither had I, did mine for the first time before Brooklands this year and was amazed at the difference
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Lewis View Post
    Also use R222, and have found it to be excellent.
    After claying, I also use P21S, which is a paint cleanser(made by same people as the R222) before applying the R222.
    I agree Nigel, after trying many many other polishes and waxes this is the best,
    easy to use and the shine is fantastic, thanks peter for the recommendation

have tried versious waxes and the r222 is a very nice one, both in results and applying. have some dodo juice purple haze for the tvr to try when the weather improves
    Peter Essling

Guess a similar question to OP...

I found some old Mer Ultimate polish in the garage so decided to give that a go after giving the car a clean yesterday. Seemed to reduced marks and surface scratches very nicely. I didnt bother use any wax after though as from the description on the bottle it seem liked it was sort of a wax anyway. claims to protect and whatnot. Mer dont seem to have any wax on the web site too, just the polish...

hmm... Guess it wouldnt have hurt to put some merguirs gold on top... but to be honest i had spent the best part of 5 hours cleaning the thing so applying another layer and buffing off wasnt high on my priority list! haha

Still havent clayed... but found that light pressure with a finger nail while polishing removed most noticeable stuck on debris.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by SH4RKY View Post
    Guess a similar question to OP...

I found some old Mer Ultimate polish in the garage so decided to give that a go after giving the car a clean yesterday. Seemed to reduced marks and surface scratches very nicely. I didnt bother use any wax after though as from the description on the bottle it seem liked it was sort of a wax anyway. claims to protect and whatnot. Mer dont seem to have any wax on the web site too, just the polish...

hmm... Guess it wouldnt have hurt to put some merguirs gold on top... but to be honest i had spent the best part of 5 hours cleaning the thing so applying another layer and buffing off wasnt high on my priority list! haha

Still havent clayed... but found that light pressure with a finger nail while polishing removed most noticeable stuck on debris.
    Mer gives ok results, mine had been Mer'd for my first Brooklands meet, last year, clayed, cleaned, polished and waxed - results were far superior but did take a day or two longer
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Quote Originally Posted by pessling View Post
    Usual car washing for me anay way is:
    Snow foam (depending on condition of car)
    wash two bucket method
    rinse
    dry with drying towel or if claying i don't bother
    if claying wash again
    dry again with the drying towel
    polish
    wax

If you don't use your car leave it a couple of days as long as still clean and dust free and wax again to build up the layers.
    Indeed this is how its done, no short cuts for a long lasting shine.

Steve.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

Mer actually says leave the car wet or if its dry apply with a damp cloth. Thought that was a result as drying the car is usually the most annoying and often leaves marks etc.
    Ian

if your really lazy autoglym aqua wax isn't bad, was car, then apply the wax straight onto a wet car. works well if you need some quick protection.
    Peter Essling