How much for a 260?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much for a 260?

Registered User robert.jamieson's Avatar

Default How much for a 260?

Hi all,

Off to look at a BRG 260 SE tomorrow. It's only got 4K on the clock, full history and is apparentley as new! Full cream leather.

Any thoughts on value?

Would come with full tank, 1 years mot and tax.

I've got a figure in mind and have informally agreed this with the vendor but I just want to check that it's about the right ball park.

Cheers

Rob

Eeek! how longs a piece of string. What ever you pay will be the right price.

4k on the clock 8 - 10k perhaps.

The car's not living in Guildford is it? Sounds like Willows
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

I thought of Willow's too - and agree up to 10k.

If it is willows and I had the money I'd pay that for it
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

This one is so hard to put a price on due to having such low mileage. On the one hand, it's quite a reasonable age (6 years old), but adjusting for the low mileage, maybe £8,500? On the other hand, if you could find a buyer who saw it as almost getting a £30K+ new car - what price would they pay???

I think Tim & Ragman are pretty much in the right area though.

Anyway, best of luck to both parties - I hope you come to an agreement that you're both happy with and the car gets an enthusiastic new owner!
    Last edited by StephenL; 03-07-2010 at 10:43 PM.
    Former owner of VIN 878 Rio Red
    [URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/StephenL/zt-2][IMG]http://www.fuelly.com/smallsig-uk/44945.png[/IMG][/URL]

If I remember right, then I think £12000 was mentioned sometime back? How do you value a car like this? Only 4000 miles probably makes it the lowest mileage MG ZT260 and that also means it's probably in tip top condition. If the car is what you want, then throw any price guides out of the window! As has already been said-it was £35K new, so it's gotta be good value at anywhere around £10K today. You won't regret it!

Default Oooops, I bought it!

Thanks chaps,

Well, I'm the proud owner of a ZT 260 SE! Well, I put a deposit on it anyway. Unfortunately I have to wait until August to collect it as the private plate has to be removed. Can't wait. Yes, it was Willow's car.

It was mint, bar a few small scratches on the rear bumper and one on the passenger door plus a couple of marks on the wing mirrors. All of which should be buffable! I hope. It really was mint apart from that. Sounded perfect, no driveline shunt or any knocks etc... Soooo clean underneath. Definite concours potential. The wheels were perfect as was the leather, even the drivers side seat! Plus it's got extra air bags and traffic master. Even the cruise control worked perfectly. What a car, and in BRG with only 4180 miles on the clock. Superb!

He's going to fully service it, MOT it, and put a full tank in as well. Plus there is tax until end of March. There is also a spare alloy and tyre in addition to the foam. I'm pretty chuffed really. You have to treat yourself every now and then, otherwise, what's life about!?

Could someone send me the joining up form?

Cheers

Rob
    Last edited by robert.jamieson; 04-07-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Well congrats and welcome to the club. Next is talk to Brian at Dreadnought Garage about a supercharger at only around £7.5K and hey presto 400PS!!! Tim's your man for the questionaire and it's worth checking out the various simple remedies for heater hoses, fuel clip etc. Good luck and welcome!

Default Data check

Chaps,

Do I need to do a data check on this car? I know it's well known on the Forum, but is it worth doing anyway

Cheers

Rob

I wouldn't bother but at the end of the day it depends if you want the peace of mind

When you registered you should have got a welcome email from Tim - in it should have been a questionnaire

Well done on your purchase
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by robert.jamieson View Post
    Thanks chaps,

Well, I'm the proud owner of a ZT 260 SE! Well, I put a deposit on it anyway. Unfortunately I have to wait until August to collect it as the private plate has to be removed. Can't wait. Yes, it was Willow's car.

It was mint, bar a few small scratches on the rear bumper and one on the passenger door plus a couple of marks on the wing mirrors. All of which should be buffable! I hope. It really was mint apart from that. Sounded perfect, no driveline shunt or any knocks etc... Soooo clean underneath. Definite concours potential. The wheels were perfect as was the leather, even the drivers door! Plus it's got extra air bags and traffic master. Even the cruise control worked perfectly. What a car, and in BRG with only 4180 miles on the clock. Superb!

He's going to fully service it, MOT it, and put a full tank in as well. Plus there is tax until end of March. There is also a spare alloy and tyre in addition to the foam. I'm pretty chuffed really. You have to treat yourself every now and then, otherwise, what's life about!?

Could someone send me the joining up form?

Cheers

Rob
    Congratulations - with that mileage you've got a virtually new piece of history!