Strange question but I have to test the water

Thread: Strange question but I have to test the water

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Julianp View Post
    Even the current Shelby has a live rear axle, I think. Afaik, the only Mustang to have IRS (independent rear suspension) was the 2003-04 Mustang Cobra SVT, which was the last of the older shape (SN95) Mustangs. It had a supercharged engine putting out 390 bhp, which must have been some car. Apparently the US market preferred the older live axle set-up as it was easier to modify.

Julian (ex-Mustang owner).
    The 03/04 Cobra is an amazing bit of kit. It is the only Mustang that I could consider replacing mine with. They make 500 HP with just a smaller supercharger pulley and a re-map.

SJR
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

Well the question originally asked-what instead of?-I have loved the sound of a V8 since I was a kid and eventually bought a MG ZT 260SE after MG Rovers demise and I don't think there is a better value for money sorted V8 out there. I have also since bought a MG RV8 and more recently a MG SV-R, so the V8 sound is firmly in my blood! Sometimes I think I must be crazy and then I get back into one of my cars and the smiles keep on coming back! As you say-it is a question of how much do you spend to satisfy that mid life desire? The ZT V8 can't easily be beaten....Go for it!