Strange question but I have to test the water
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange question but I have to test the water

Default Strange question but I have to test the water

I`ve been considering a MG ZT260 for a while now (mainly the V8 thing) and have been sniffing round them and V8 75s for about a year now but lately have been sidetracked by Ford Mustangs (late sn95s). Just wondering what any of you guys thought of this as alternative in the event of a ZT sale not going ahead. (tin hat on )
    4.6 V8 etc but in a slightly different package.

Opinions appreciated.

Brian - I'm glad you are wearing your tin hat! A fiercely proud Brit would never think of buying a Mustang ahead of one of the finest and last proudly Brit-built cars with a heritage dating back to the 1920s! :-)
    VIN 206
    This is definitely not her car...

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigkeeko View Post
    I`ve been considering a MG ZT260 for a while now (mainly the V8 thing) and have been sniffing round them and V8 75s for about a year now but lately have been sidetracked by Ford Mustangs (late sn95s). Just wondering what any of you guys thought of this as alternative in the event of a ZT sale not going ahead. (tin hat on )
    4.6 V8 etc but in a slightly different package.

Opinions appreciated.
    A strange question to ask here.......

The Mustang is a left hooker - on that basis alone, no thanks!
    Ben Dobson
    X Power Grey 260 SE, #40

http://www.bendobson.co.uk/blog/

Like most American cars it's good at going in a straight line but has trouble going around corners! This isn't helped by the fact that the earlier ones - like a lot of yank cars still! - it has a live rear axle,like the one on my first car, a Morris Minor,which was built in 1969.......need I say more?

The new ones are nice looking cars and I have seen one or two RHD conversions, but the interior puts me off.

Yeah, only the newest ones and the earliest ones have my interest. The stuff in the middle (90s etc) is all a bit meh...

For the UK, the 260 is the perfect match. Its been designed and developed for the UK roads. So Tank V8 mixed with Euro chassis.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolmr View Post
    Brian - I'm glad you are wearing your tin hat! A fiercely proud Brit would never think of buying a Mustang ahead of one of the finest and last proudly Brit-built cars with a heritage dating back to the 1920s! :-)
    touche. Just the answer I needed in my moment of ill judgement.

On that response alone the Mustangs have been 101`d.

Hi,
    I have also answered your question over on the Mustang owners site. I told you to get an eightees Mustang like mine........only joking I was singing the praises of the 260.

As for the Mustang. Anyone that has actually owned/driven a late 80s early 90s Mustang will know they are awesome, the pick of the bunch. except for the fact that you can't go round corners in them. . I would be happy to demonstrate the cornering abilities of mine.

SJR
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

I appreciate your input SJR

The bottom line is I`m going to buy a V8 car of some description. I had my fill of 4 bangers V6s and turbos. The big V8 roar is where its at for me now. I`ve had some great cars but never ones that made the perfect tune. I`m 41 and feel that as I get on in life if I don`t get one now I`ll end up driving a Toyota avensis estate or something and checking out pension plans.
    I had a good chat with Phil earlier regarding his 260. I`m a fussy ba$tard when it comes to cars and they have to be `right` or i won`t buy it. Its pretty expensive, BUT, I get the feeling its a good one so we`ll see how it goes.
    If the truth be told its a British car for me (ok its got a yank engine) and I have put the feelers out for a Mustang. Watch the Bullitt chase scene and tell me you`re not into that kinda thing.
    An sn95 Bullitt was top of my list in opposition to the 260. Although the new 5th gen are handsome cars I can`t justify £20k for `an image`

Like most guys I like LOADS of different makes and types of car and couldn`t hand on heart say that one is better than all. I just love cars. But this time it must have eight cylinders.
    Last edited by bigkeeko; 11-06-2010 at 08:14 PM.