V8 BUX for sale on ebay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V8 BUX for sale on ebay

Default V8 BUX for sale on ebay

Anybody know the story with this car? Was on sell on ebay through harvey-taylor-vehicle-management item #280495530164 ended 29/04/10.

On ebay again item 260610237800 different seller and not the winning bidder from last time.

Same plate (V8 BUX), same mileage and same pre-facelift front and post facelift rear, by the way is that odd? was there ever any released like that is it a dodging repair job with whatever they could find at the time in the right colour?

Any info would be good, thinking of buying it but don't want to end up with something dodging.
    Last edited by FXU; 29-05-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: link not working right

There is some talk about it in another post if I remember but not sure what you mean by post facelift rear? if im looking at the same photos as you its definitely pre-facelift, only with a lip spoiler which I believe was an option when ordering.
    PAUL LOWE #239

Quote Originally Posted by FXU View Post
    Anybody know the story with this car? Was on sell on ebay through harvey-taylor-vehicle-management item #280495530164 ended 29/04/10.

On ebay again item 260610237800 different seller and not the winning bidder from last time.

Same plate (V8 BUX), same mileage and same pre-facelift front and post facelift rear, by the way is that odd? was there ever any released like that is it a dodging repair job with whatever they could find at the time in the right colour?

Any info would be good, thinking of buying it but don't want to end up with something dodging.
    I think that the rear is the correct pre-facelift one. However the third appearance on Ebay within a month is certainly questionable.

I believe from reading another thread about this particular advertisement there does seem to be some suspicion with regards the seller and their bidding practices
    PAUL LOWE #239

Quote Originally Posted by lowey260 View Post
    There is some talk about it in another post if I remember but not sure what you mean by post facelift rear? if im looking at the same photos as you its definitely pre-facelift, only with a lip spoiler which I believe was an option when ordering.
    My 260 was a pre face lift with the large boot spoiler, which is what you mostly see. and the post face lift have the lip spoiler. But if it was an option when ordering then that would explain it.

Well the rear bumper and bootlid are definitely pre-facelift so dont think you have anything to worry about with regards to the car, the lip spoiler was definitely an option rather than have the larger spoiler. But I would be very suspicous of the seller does seem to be some discepencies with regards the bidding and does seem really strange its sold a number of times and been re-advertised by different people
    PAUL LOWE #239

It was also on ebay a few days ago.

That auction ended at 27-May-10 18:11:58, with a winning bid of £4,500 and then the car was relisted 5 minutes later, which is a typical sign of shill bidding.

I wouldn't even consider bidding on this one without seeing the car / seller in person beforehand.

I'd echo what StephenL said - I'd also want to know why the current seller bought the car, then almost immediately put it back up for sale.

Perhaps I'm paranoid but this would suggest something wrong with the car to me.
    Ben Dobson
    X Power Grey 260 SE, #40

http://www.bendobson.co.uk/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by StephenL View Post
    I wouldn't even consider bidding on this one without seeing the car / seller in person beforehand.
    Surely that must ALWAYS be the rule with any car purchase. Asking for trouble if you don't!

Colin Sparrow, tearful ex-owner...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenL View Post

Trouble is I am in Hampshire and it is for sell in derby. Bought my last 260 from newcastle, through ebay - took a gamble and it paided off.

I asked the seller about the previous listings, first time he says a garage was trying to sell the car for him, and the winning bidder had to sell a car before he could pay. So he relisted and the winning bidder that time claims his girlfriend enter the wrong amount.

The good thing for anybody who is interested is that it is coming down in price each time £5,600 - £4500 - currently on £3375 - 2hrs left.