Potential Group Buy of 'New' Xpowers - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Group Buy of 'New' Xpowers

OK well I count 17 people so far.

I am awaiting a reply from my detailed email and conversation with Janspeed.

If we get 20 its certainly a decent sized order, and I am hoping that we will get a really good price, at LEAST a fair bit cheaper than the X-Power price, since they were tacking on their margin anyway...

Watch this space... I will update as soon as I hear back.

Just to clarify T16, this is a list of 17 people who have expressed an interest it is not an order. Most are waiting to see what the price is and how this compares to the new solution being proposed by Zero exhausts.

Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but need to be 100% clear on this when talking to Janspeed, I am sure Tim will update on the latest status of the Zero discussions shortly
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Obviously...., im not stupid!

You know what I mean. We need numbers first, which I stated as 20 pairs of exhausts, so lets see what deal they can do us based on that qty.

As long as we get definite pricing, we can turn it into a proper group buy should we wish to proceed.

More exhausts = cheaper price for everyone, hence the need to establish what sort of interest this may generate.
    Last edited by T16; 12-05-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Intrested and as the others depending on price. I'd like a nice set, and keep my tubes in the current set (we're moving house soon and may want to be stealth for a while lol!)
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence

Quote Originally Posted by Stu C View Post
    Intrested and as the others depending on price. I'd like a nice set, and keep my tubes in the current set (we're moving house soon and may want to be stealth for a while lol!)
    Stealth!!!!!!!!!! not with your car

Default Twin or Quad Tail.

That's one of the JanSpeed products I own, and if that was possible T16 it would be great ?
    BRM 494 of Just 795, Rare. MG ZT-T 260 SE 389, Rarer. MG METRO TURBO, Getting Scarce. Black Olive ZR X210 one off, ZR-X Unique, MG TF, Fun in the Sun.

I don't think the implication was that you are stupid Ross just clarifying the details. It's not a small amount of money all said and done.

Be interesting to see how this develops, hopefully get Kevin to pull his finger out.

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post

You know what I mean. We need numbers first, which I stated as 20 pairs of exhausts, so lets see what deal they can do us based on that qty.

As long as we get definite pricing, we can turn it into a proper group buy should we wish to proceed.

More exhausts = cheaper price for everyone, hence the need to establish what sort of interest this may generate.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

I wonder if they would do a straight through exhaust, to save having to sleeve them??

I would be tempted to get prices for quantities of 5, 10 and 20 myself.

colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post

No implication of stupidity intended

I've had to deal with the aftermath of purchase orders not meeting forecast volumes for special manufacture products before and the individual doing the forecasting to the manufacturer was held financially responsible.

I'll say no more and just keep your list updated for you
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Quote Originally Posted by BRM494 View Post

That's one of the JanSpeed products I own, and if that was possible T16 it would be great ?
    Looks good. What car is that? (He said out of curiosity, noticing registration plate).
    Last edited by tonybubble; 12-05-2010 at 08:09 PM.