Uprated heater hose
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uprated heater hose

Default Uprated heater hose

Hello everyone. Sorry that my first post on here is a query but I'm desperate! The heater hose has blown on my dad's zt 260 and we're really struggling to find a replacement, either uprated or normal. We ordered what we thought was the right thing off ebay only to be sent an identically shaped pipe that is no where near big enough, and other than that we looked on the Rimmer Bros site but they want £92 for one!!! Which is frankly ridiculous! I found this place because through looking I found several links saying that uprated hoses were available through the "Two-Sixties". Any help would be really appreciated! Just to clarify, its the hose which goes through the bulkhead from the plenum.
    Thanks in advance.

hello and welcome. you can indeed get a uprated hose through the club.
    Peter Essling

Ooooh, awesome!! Please tell me more! Who/where from, how much? I'm desperate! My dads like a bear with a sore arse since it broke! Haha.

PM me your Dad's details Ron including the vin from the car. At £50 including postage a bit cheaper than Rimmers plus its going to do a better job than the original. You need to make sure you take the restictor from inside the existing one and install into the new item. Other than that a straight swap.

Welcome along and why is your Dad not a member? Would have got the hose cheaper.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Hello mate! thankyou. I'll PM you the details as soon as I can. My dads out at the moment. Do you take payment via paypal?
    Only reason he's not a member is that he's never been a forum before in his life! Dont think its ever crossed his mind to join one! After this happening though and the troubles we've had sourcing the part I think he may well become a member!

Sorry Ron we don't do paypal. Cheque will do.

When you joined a questionnaire would have been sent. We have other members who use their sons as web-by-hitch-es. So you are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bones View Post
    Hello mate! thankyou. I'll PM you the details as soon as I can. My dads out at the moment. Do you take payment via paypal?
    Only reason he's not a member is that he's never been a forum before in his life! Dont think its ever crossed his mind to join one! After this happening though and the troubles we've had sourcing the part I think he may well become a member!
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Questionnaire eh?! Nope! Just checked. Send it along if you want it doing. I'll get on it. I do drive the car so I suppose I can have a little input I just dont own it! Its a lovely car I must say, but dare I say it on here?!..... I'm a jap man myself, specifically rwd turbo nissans, although I'm hooning about in an MX-5 at the minute! Haha. I'll get that PM to you tommorow mate, just need the VIN number. Thanks for all your help!

Turbos pah............
    You wait till you find out how quick the 260s are with Super Chargers
    Keith Alexander, Ellesmere, Shropshire UK,

The confirmation reg e-mail, link on that but I'll e-mail one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bones View Post
    Questionnaire eh?! Nope! Just checked. Send it along if you want it doing. I'll get on it. I do drive the car so I suppose I can have a little input I just dont own it! Its a lovely car I must say, but dare I say it on here?!..... I'm a jap man myself, specifically rwd turbo nissans, although I'm hooning about in an MX-5 at the minute! Haha. I'll get that PM to you tommorow mate, just need the VIN number. Thanks for all your help!
    Tim Hayton

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

hope we are back on the roads again soon!

colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)