Quote Originally Posted by jenksman View Post
    Hi
    If you can take it to Janspeed on 9th April I'll have it
    Dave aka Jenksman

Hi Dave sorry its already been claimed this morning by Stu C

Rest-home for strange V8s Tatra Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
    Did this ever get off the ground?

My current V8 has a tray and it looks all okay, but I remember the first V8 (VIN 323) never had one and probably didn't have it from new at it had 600 miles on the clock when I got it...

Did anyone else have a missing tray problem?

Never knew it was supposed to be there until I got this one...
    I have No.123 and it doesn't have one but I've no way of knowing if it's gone missing at the hands of a previous owner.

Is there a parts list with VIN No. introduction details?
    Use it!! No.123 - the 17th of 25 Mk.I ZT-T V8s

Where are we now!!! with this?? Anybody got any info on/position regarding under-tray,s
    Looking for a a response here
    Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by dixiejon View Post
    Where are we now!!! with this?? Anybody got any info on/position regarding under-tray,s
    Looking for a a response here
    Dixie
    Whao! Calm down. Unsure from your post what you need to know, but ...

Do you need one?
    The thing is there for a reason (well several actually, if you read through the threads here), and they all had them, even if many have gone AWOL, so a good thing to have. No down sides anyway, surely? Sound proofing, under car airflow, cooling airflow through both radiator and the engine bay, keeps all sorts of mechanicals and electronics apart from road salt, water, mud, ice, snow and other detritus, not to mention (some) protection from speed bumps and any random road kills too!

Where to get one.
    Big problem is to get one, being NLA from ex-dealers and XPart, and second biggest, if you do find one even second hand, is to pay for it.
    I was lucky enough to the buy the actual new NOS one (KRB000151) from AndyG, pictured in his post #48 above, but
    I hear the cut down FWD 75/ZT diesel ones are almost just as good, albeit with a bit of work.

Any other option?
    As far as an alternative is concerned, having a re-make run didn't look feasible cost-wise, as I recall.
    The 'el-cheepo' thin plastic ones on eBay, are really useless, or so I hear from those who have tried them.

... I hope that answers your question, even if perhaps not what you hoped to hear

David
    Last edited by David; 30-09-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Nigel. Joined P,heads cannot find undertray. Any pointers.
    dixiejon

Thank for ur insights David. Am still on the hunt for a 260 undertray.
    dixiejon

Quote Originally Posted by dixiejon View Post
    Thank for ur insights David. Am still on the hunt for a 260 undertray.
    dixiejon
    OK, I sympathise. You will find it impossible to find one as 'NOS', I think.

Next week I will see if I can make a 'brown-paper' pattern from the original NOS undertray I got from AndyG, which I happen to have just taken off the car for an oil-change, and allow that to be used to accurately mark up a Diesel FWD 75/ZT for "trimming" and hole-boring. No personal experience of doing that, but hear that the FWD Diesel one, being deeper, is a more accurate shape than FWD petrol ones, and the end-result is then quite acceptable.

... of course you still need to find an intact diesel FWD one!

Perhaps Tim won't mind if I lodge a template with him for anyone else interested in future.

David
    Last edited by David; 06-10-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post

Perhaps Tim won't mind if I lodge a template with him for anyone else interested in future.

David
    Yep.

Don't forget the club has a brand new tray which is being kept for possible re-make/template. We tried a few years ago as per this thread and interest was too low (cost too high per tray) for a production run. If memory is intact think it was a min of 50 trays. Different members have tried in the past to develop a tray but it normally fulls back to either scrappy or adjusting the diesel tray.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Yep.

Don't forget the club has a brand new tray which is being kept for possible re-make/template. We tried a few years ago as per this thread and interest was too low (cost too high per tray) for a production run. If memory is intact think it was a min of 50 trays. Different members have tried in the past to develop a tray but it normally fulls back to either scrappy or adjusting the diesel tray.
    The other thing to bear in mind re costings is shipping of such an item would not be cheap!
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

I'll make up a brown-paper pattern anyway next week, and send an extra one to Tim as well. Saves doing the work twice!

Good point about shipping an actual undertray, Colin. Imagine what it would cost to send one to Max over in Oz, should he need one!
    Post Brexit, postage cost of even a large envelope to ship a paper pattern NL>UK has doubled!

David
    Last edited by David; 07-10-2022 at 10:37 AM.