Wondering a couple of things about the car?

Thread: Wondering a couple of things about the car?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered User Italianstallion's Avatar

Default Wondering a couple of things about the car?

While I'm sat at home waiting to get my 260 on the road, I've been wondering a few things about the car I've bought, so hoping to be enlightened on a few points. Most of these questions have come about from my day dreaming, so apologies if any are dumbfounded!

1. The V8 engine appears to have quite a more bhp headroom from what I've read in terms of bhp. My friend had a Civic Type are which put out 400+bhp, and it was a smaller engine. Is the mustang V8 restricted in someway to 260bhp, can the bhp be increased, and by what means? I'm not after more power, just curious.
    2. Whats a supercharger and why are they so expensive? Everyone seems to want one!!! I understand they make the car faster.
    3. Aside from the Ford Mustang, did any other cars used the same engine in the 260. What year did ford use this engine, was it end of the line for them so they decided to flog em on to MGR?
    4. What are the main repair and maintenance costs for the V8, and is it fairly easy to service by ones self?
    5. Does the V8 suffer with the plenum problems of the other ZT models?
    6. Are other more modern V8 engines any more economical then this car? This engine seems to get a right ribbing in terms of economy, such as in Clarkson's review.

Really interested to learn more, and I'm sure more stuff will spring to mind so hope people don't mind answering these things, or pointing me to where they've been covered.

Thanks Stallion!!!
    Last edited by Italianstallion; 23-02-2010 at 08:59 PM.