Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Italianstallion View Post
    Thanks. When you say legal limit, I assume sticking to 70mph all the way? I must say last time I took a long trip to Scotland in my Diesel I drove at 80 quite a lot of time, but in this that'll worsen the fuel consumption drastically right?
    I've found mine is happy at between 2400 and 2600 rpm everything seems settled and I can tend to relax the right foot abit and the gauge wont shift too quickly...................well.............

I think it's 30MPH per 1000rpm in 5th
    Last edited by Martin; 23-02-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks. When you say legal limit, I assume sticking to 70mph all the way? I must say last time I took a long trip to Scotland in my Diesel I drove at 80 quite a lot of time, but in this that'll worsen the fuel consumption drastically right?
    Bare in mind speedo in the 260 is quite accurate

In your CDT an indicated 80 is only just over 70 hence why you never got pulled over and the MPG seemed so good

in the 260 it is only a couple of MPH out well is in mine any way so you are more likely to get stopped and MPG definitely not so good!
    Keith Alexander, Ellesmere, Shropshire UK,

I should think I got about 10 MPG on run back from Peter Wayte this afternoon - but then again it was a lot of fun
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

The fuel consumption's even better if you sit at 50 to 60 and with the number and length of the roadworks on our motorways that's not too difficult. If you sit at 80 you'll probably be in the low 20's in MPG terms.
    Andrew Flewin

ZT260SE #269

The mind is like a parachute, it only functions when open.

Registered User Italianstallion's Avatar

Here's my link to the 75 / ZT forum thread, which has some pics of my new car for those who are interested.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=54789