Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Italianstallion View Post
    Yes your right its 999999. Perhaps the seller mistook it for being nearly 100,000 miles and listed it as such. Could this be incredibly lucky and the cars actually got lower milage, the engine looks new. I'll send big russ a pm.

How do I do a battery reset?
    Welcome!

One good point is that a back up milage is stored on the Light switch ECU, so you will be able to find out the true milage. Also, the true milage will be programed to the new replacement instrument pack....

Registered User Italianstallion's Avatar

Well, I've had the official finance clearance, and spoke to the Met who have removed the marker from PNC, so car is fully showing clear on HPI. I finally feel relaxed that this car is now mine, and there no remaining issues with ownership.

Hope to get the door issue fixed on Wednesday, and the T4 done as soon as Bigruss is well enough. Auctioneer confirmed the new V5 was ordered as soon as the car came into his possession so it should be arriving soon. Will possibly be on the road in the next two weeks, if all goes to plan. Awaiting one final insurance quote. Peter Best couldn't do me a competitive rate, neither could Adrian Flux, so I'm going to have to chance insurance with a big compulsory excess to make owning the car manageable.

Funny but when I tell people who I know that I've gone and bought a ZT with a 4.6 V8 they look at me as if I'm absolutely mad. Their probably right in some respects, but it seems that people are obsessed with fuel prices and high mpg!!! I'll wait and see how much of a dent the car makes in my wallet before admitting they are right. Would be nice to get 300 miles out of a brim to brim, but not sure I'll even get that.

300 miles brim to brim may be possible but I bet you wouldn't get any pleasure from the driving experience getting it.
    It's not what the 260 was built for and I'm sure not what any of us buy them for.
    Keith Vinten
    Mk 1 Tourer in X-Power Grey
    VIN 197
    No mods but I can dream

Quote Originally Posted by kcv View Post
    300 miles brim to brim may be possible but I bet you wouldn't get any pleasure from the driving experience getting it.
    It's not what the 260 was built for and I'm sure not what any of us buy them for.
    Haha your right. It certainly won't be possible with my lead foot.

Hi Fraser and welcome.

Was this the car I went to look at down at Harris in Wakefield? When I went the weekend before last the car was in for the new screen so didn't have a chance to look at it. I asked the dealer about the colour and he said it was blue but the ad said pearl green. He obviously didn't look at what he was buying. I was going to pop back later but never got round to it.

I get a regular 300 miles plus from a tank but only when I'm doing motorway mileage. It drops to about 250 on the shorter stuff. Had it sub 200 but I was pushing it a bit
    Dave Rushfirth

Empty garage where #138 used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Italianstallion View Post
    Haha your right. It certainly won't be possible with my lead foot.

On motarway runs we get upto a 'sensible' 300ish. One had 335, but was getting rather nervous before the garage came along!

otherwise, normal spirited driving is more like 250ish max!!

In the first year of owning the 260 i managed to average 23mpg with a worst of 18.9 a best of just over the 28 mark and over 25mpg on 10 seperate occations. Yes, I used to keep records of such things as fuel consumption back then but the £££££ got me depressed so i gave it up for the good of my health. Now just drive the car

However, back to the mpg thingy. Did 13076 miles in the first year so the got a good idea of what the fuel consumption was like. Motorway driving is boring at the best of times and the only way to make it intersting is to flex the right foot but that can have bad side effects so,

...motorways are boring to drive Plod along at a legal speed, munching the miles and you can turn in a good fuel figure. I got the 28mpg on a day trip to Newcastle uponTyne. From Reading that's a round trip of some 580 miles; 25mpg there and 28 on the return.

The contrast to that is the track day i did the other weekend at goodwood. Round trip including track time of 201 miles (84 at the track) with an overall 17.95 mpg but about 12 to 13 mpg on the track

Bottom line? Keep to the legal limit on the motorway and assuming you don't get stuck in slow/stationary traffic, you should get 300 miles from a tank no problem ..... just keep an eye on that gauge and what your right foot is doing

P.S. I only do 5000 miles a year now and don't keep a record of the fuel consumption.
    Andrew Flewin

ZT260SE #269

The mind is like a parachute, it only functions when open.

Quote Originally Posted by re-tread View Post
    Hi Fraser and welcome.

Was this the car I went to look at down at Harris in Wakefield? When I went the weekend before last the car was in for the new screen so didn't have a chance to look at it. I asked the dealer about the colour and he said it was blue but the ad said pearl green. He obviously didn't look at what he was buying. I was going to pop back later but never got round to it.

I get a regular 300 miles plus from a tank but only when I'm doing motorway mileage. It drops to about 250 on the shorter stuff. Had it sub 200 but I was pushing it a bit
    Yes this was the car I purchased, and it is definitely Pearl green. TBH the dealer was quite helpful, they like to buy cars cheap and sell em on quickly so its not sat on the forecourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    In the first year of owning the 260 i managed to average 23mpg with a worst of 18.9 a best of just over the 28 mark and over 25mpg on 10 seperate occations. Yes, I used to keep records of such things as fuel consumption back then but the £££££ got me depressed so i gave it up for the good of my health. Now just drive the car

However, back to the mpg thingy. Did 13076 miles in the first year so the got a good idea of what the fuel consumption was like. Motorway driving is boring at the best of times and the only way to make it intersting is to flex the right foot but that can have bad side effects so,

...motorways are boring to drive Plod along at a legal speed, munching the miles and you can turn in a good fuel figure. I got the 28mpg on a day trip to Newcastle uponTyne. From Reading that's a round trip of some 580 miles; 25mpg there and 28 on the return.

The contrast to that is the track day i did the other weekend at goodwood. Round trip including track time of 201 miles (84 at the track) with an overall 17.95 mpg but about 12 to 13 mpg on the track

Bottom line? Keep to the legal limit on the motorway and assuming you don't get stuck in slow/stationary traffic, you should get 300 miles from a tank no problem ..... just keep an eye on that gauge and what your right foot is doing

P.S. I only do 5000 miles a year now and don't keep a record of the fuel consumption.
    Thanks. When you say legal limit, I assume sticking to 70mph all the way? I must say last time I took a long trip to Scotland in my Diesel I drove at 80 quite a lot of time, but in this that'll worsen the fuel consumption drastically right?

Welcome from Downunder Fraser and good luck with the fuel consumption. I get about 250 to the tank in my ZT-T260 but at a miserable $A1.30 to the litre (that's about 3.25 of your quid per gallon at the current exchange rate) who's counting. And it's a whole lot better than my old MGSA which barely manages 15 mpg - and that's flat out at 60 mph! Life's too short to worry about such trifles...
    Last edited by Malcolmr; 23-02-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    VIN 206
    This is definitely not her car...