Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner

It looks like there was a V5 very recently as your tax is only due from the end of this month. I would get a bit heavy with the seller. V5's about three weeks but as long as you have documents confirming your ownership you should be able to insure. Get the seller to MOT it.

Get to the previous owner as well. Looked through my records and the car is new to the Two-Sixties.

The vehicle details for OE53 HGG are:

Date of Liability 01 03 2010
    Date of First Registration 11 12 2003
    Year of Manufacture 2003
    Cylinder Capacity (cc) 4600CC
    CO2 Emissions 314g/Km
    Fuel Type Petrol
    Export Marker Not Applicable
    Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
    Vehicle Colour BLUE
    Vehicle Type Approval M1

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
    6 Months Rate £118.25
    12 Months Rate £215.00
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Hello and welcome from 077!

Bet you're impressed with the amount of help, advice and encouragement on here. And you haven't even scratched the surface yet. Great isn't it?

Enjoy the car!

Colin Sparrow, tearful ex-owner...

Hi Fraser
    With regards to your insurance mine asked me to get a full diagnostic report on the alarm system before they made the cover permanent cost about £40 -£50 (direct line) I have heard about a few others but hopefully you will miss it. I have had mine about 5 months and still Smiling

Martin

Registered User Italianstallion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    It looks like there was a V5 very recently as your tax is only due from the end of this month. I would get a bit heavy with the seller. V5's about three weeks but as long as you have documents confirming your ownership you should be able to insure. Get the seller to MOT it.

Get to the previous owner as well. Looked through my records and the car is new to the Two-Sixties.

The vehicle details for OE53 HGG are:

Date of Liability 01 03 2010
    Date of First Registration 11 12 2003
    Year of Manufacture 2003
    Cylinder Capacity (cc) 4600CC
    CO2 Emissions 314g/Km
    Fuel Type Petrol
    Export Marker Not Applicable
    Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
    Vehicle Colour BLUE
    Vehicle Type Approval M1

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
    6 Months Rate £118.25
    12 Months Rate £215.00
    Yeah Dealer found the tax disc, car is taxed until 28th Feb, but I don't want to insure it if I can't drive it away after this date, as its only 8 days away.

The dealer explained that a V5 has recently been sought from the auctioneer SMA, who would be forwarding it to him and he would pass this on to me, and had documentation to this effect. I told him I'd already been in contact with the auctioneer regarding the HPI and legitimacy of the vehicle, and I would chase them up about V5 as myself.

I'm not so concerned about the V5 but the car is still showing as having a stolen marker on his Experian HPI (which gives me some cause for concern). When I spoke to the auctioneer on Friday the auctioneer assured me they had fully notified the relevant bodies to have all adverse markers taken off HPI PNC etc, which I thought would have been done by now. The dealer also showed me the HPI of another vehicle in the same situation, he then showed me another HPI for the same vehicle which was fully cleared 3 days later, so I'm hoping that its a simple case of things going through the motions in relation to my new 260.

Can't get in touch with the auctioneer until monday now which is frustrating, but when I spoke to them on Friday they assured that all would be sorted on this day, and they would sent me written confirmation of clearance on the monday, from the finance company. The auctioneer is a national chain (SMA), and I was confident from speaking with them that all was legit, they were very professional, and took full liability for getting the markers off and dealing my situation. They explained the reason why my new car was perfectly fine to be purchased. They also mentioned that the car would not have been able to pass through the auctions if it was indeed stolen, or had outstanding finance on it.

Taking all things into consideration and looking at the company as a National Franchise, and the fact that the dealership was quite big, I have some peace of mind that all will be well.

Back to the car then. We'll the wheel locking nut was there. The car was in different position and I noticed a few more scratches on rear end, but I think with a bit of tcut and touchup, things will come out fairly well. The car must have been re-sprayed at some point, its that pearleasant green colour which reflects purple tints (fast and furious type stuff lol).

One other thing I noticed was that the drivers door, didn't clunk in its usual manor, it sounded hollow / rattley and the door facia looked loose, perhaps done when they replaced the window, but I hope this isn't a biggie to sort.

Going to have to give the car a really good inspection. The HPI check is showing the car as having quite a few owners.

Well no turning back now, its paid for and its being dropped off in about 20 mins. Why do I have a sinking feeling that this was perhaps a bad decision, its the old saying theres are reason things are so cheap. We'll see!!! I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by Italianstallion; 20-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Further to the above would their be any kind person who's local on this site, who could potentially come and give the car a one over. It would be a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by V8 Novi View Post
    Bet you're impressed with the amount of help, advice and encouragement on here. And you haven't even scratched the surface yet. Great isn't it?

Enjoy the car!

Still impresses me and I've owned mine for getting on 2 years now
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    Still impresses me and I've owned mine for getting on 2 years now
    Had mine from new. Don't worry, you'll get used to it....
    Graham,
    Black Olive ZT, VIN 306

The car has now been delivered and is sat on my drive

I'm very excited to finally have the car, its now mine, but I'm not going to be able to drive it just yet, due to the tax / v5 issue mentioned earlier (only has 8 days tax, and no V5 to re tax it). The bloke who dropped the car off was the actual business owner as apposed to the sales man, and it was the first time I got to speak with him. He explained that it normally takes a few weeks for the papers to come through with the car from the auctioneers, the car has a history and that needs to be dealt with before things can be forwarded on.

• The left passengers door does not open (not sure if its deadlocked but it doesn't open). I'm not to sure what I can do in relation to this issue.
    • The milage counter is showing exactly 99999, so the fact its one mile off 100k makes me a bit suspicious. Can the milage been fixed on this car, or am I just being paranoid?
    • The electric seats works fine but as mentioned the plastic control panel on the drivers side has come loose. It looks like someone has tried to get at the electrics at some point, and there seems to be a plastic clip that locks into the seat which has been snapped, but not completely broken. Perhaps some super glue would do the trick, but will probably need a longer term solution? This is the single biggest eyesore for me, as it stands out.
    • The plastic trims next to driver and passenger side doors are missing, (pretty minor on the scale of things). I could take the ones off my diesel, but this might effect its sale price. Also one of the seats has the back holder missing, the other doesn't so guessing its been removed. Not a massive issue again.

Other then that everything else seems fine. Be great to get it checked by someone who's familiar with the car though, I wish messenger wasn't so far away!!!
    Last edited by Italianstallion; 20-02-2010 at 03:23 PM.

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Try the battery reset to open the door.......if it's super locked, then the BCU should release it.

Look closely at the mileage reading, is it 99999 or 999999 ?

If it's the latter, then the instrument pack is probably stuffed and you'll need a new IPK and a test book session to code it.
    ________
    VAPORIZER GUIDE
    Last edited by greeners; 06-03-2011 at 01:11 PM.

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Post some pictures up of the damaged bits, I may be able to sort some of them...

BigRuss from the 75 club has a T4 and is not a million miles from you. Les at SMC trading has new IPK's if required.
    ________
    Vaporizer volcano
    Last edited by greeners; 06-03-2011 at 01:11 PM.