Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Italianstallion View Post
    I will do that, I've heard it a big cost, so with the purchase of the car and the costs to legally get it on the road, I'll have to wait until next months pay cheque before I can look at getting some of the issues sorted. I wish I could find out if it had any MOT left.

get the V5C document reference number and with that you can check it on line.

here you go
    ________
    Jaguar aj-v6 engine history
    Last edited by greeners; 06-03-2011 at 01:11 PM.

I will do that, I've heard it a big cost, so with the purchase of the car and the costs to legally get it on the road, I'll have to wait until next months pay cheque before I can look at getting some of the issues sorted. I wish I could find out if it had any MOT left.
    Hello Fraser, You can check on the VOSA website, if you provide the V5 Reference Number.
    Wishing you all the best with the next 100,000 miles. (I have a ZTT 190 with 161K on the clock).

Hope you get it all sorted soon
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Registered User Italianstallion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    Hope you get it all sorted soon
    I've just had a thought of something important I overlooked I forgot to check whether it had a locking wheel nut. Oh well fingers crossed.

Ex-Mod, RIP

........ locking wheel nut .............
    or Locked
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Several threads on here on locking wheel nuts (including one from me) several of us have had seized McGard wheel nuts and had to resort to extreme methods to remove them, as a result a few of us have binned them
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm based in Leeds.

In theory I could insure, pay and collect the car tomorrow, however I need to find out if it has any MOT remaining, it definitely needs tax which I believe the dealer can sort if I ask him, as this is usually part of their services?

Got the message from Tim that my car is 075 so was the 75th off the production line on the 3rd November 2003. 75 made me smile, seems very fitting!!!
    Welcome and enjoy the 260. I got 076 so found the older sister it seems.
    MG apparently used key#12 a lot for the nuts so you can always find one.
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Quote Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
    Welcome and enjoy the 260. I got 076 so found the older sister it seems.
    MG apparently used key#12 a lot for the nuts so you can always find one.
    May be me but thought the #12 was for the R75 bolts and not the McGard bolts used on the 260 - I stand ready to be corrected though

Well in need some advice. Seller is saying he has no V5 for the vehicle, and is telling me that it could take a while before one comes through. I obviously need to tax the car as well, but can't do this without a V5, so in a bit of dilemma about what to do really. Car also needs an MOT. I wanted to pick the car up today, and get it on the road, as I can arrange insurance and MOT myself, but the tax is the issue.

Any advice on what I should do, as I was so hoping to get on the road this weekend!!! The seller is looking at possibility of dropping the vehicle off for me, but if thats the case how long would I have to wait for a V5?

Well I've phoned DVLA, and they've confirmed I can't tax the car immediately as theirs no V5 or V5C, and the vehicle is still registered in the previous owners name.

They've advised me I need to apply for a new V5 by filling in a V62 and sending through to DVLA with £25 cheque. Then it will then take up to 30 days, and then a new V5 should be issued. TBH I'm not too fused about waiting, as long as a new V5 is guaranteed, it will give me time to sort the issues. I'll keep my diesel for 30 days and when new V5 come through, I'm on the road.

As long as the dealer will deliver I'm happy with this. Only concern is if theirs any dispute over owner ship, but I phoned the original auctioneers which is a very large national Francise, and they went through everything confirming the I could by the car, and be 100% legal owner.