Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by V8 Novi View Post
    Bet you're impressed with the amount of help, advice and encouragement on here. And you haven't even scratched the surface yet. Great isn't it?

Enjoy the car!

Still impresses me and I've owned mine for getting on 2 years now
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    Still impresses me and I've owned mine for getting on 2 years now
    Had mine from new. Don't worry, you'll get used to it....
    Graham,
    Black Olive ZT, VIN 306

Registered User Italianstallion's Avatar

The car has now been delivered and is sat on my drive

I'm very excited to finally have the car, its now mine, but I'm not going to be able to drive it just yet, due to the tax / v5 issue mentioned earlier (only has 8 days tax, and no V5 to re tax it). The bloke who dropped the car off was the actual business owner as apposed to the sales man, and it was the first time I got to speak with him. He explained that it normally takes a few weeks for the papers to come through with the car from the auctioneers, the car has a history and that needs to be dealt with before things can be forwarded on.

• The left passengers door does not open (not sure if its deadlocked but it doesn't open). I'm not to sure what I can do in relation to this issue.
    • The milage counter is showing exactly 99999, so the fact its one mile off 100k makes me a bit suspicious. Can the milage been fixed on this car, or am I just being paranoid?
    • The electric seats works fine but as mentioned the plastic control panel on the drivers side has come loose. It looks like someone has tried to get at the electrics at some point, and there seems to be a plastic clip that locks into the seat which has been snapped, but not completely broken. Perhaps some super glue would do the trick, but will probably need a longer term solution? This is the single biggest eyesore for me, as it stands out.
    • The plastic trims next to driver and passenger side doors are missing, (pretty minor on the scale of things). I could take the ones off my diesel, but this might effect its sale price. Also one of the seats has the back holder missing, the other doesn't so guessing its been removed. Not a massive issue again.

Other then that everything else seems fine. Be great to get it checked by someone who's familiar with the car though, I wish messenger wasn't so far away!!!
    Last edited by Italianstallion; 20-02-2010 at 03:23 PM.

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Try the battery reset to open the door.......if it's super locked, then the BCU should release it.

Look closely at the mileage reading, is it 99999 or 999999 ?

If it's the latter, then the instrument pack is probably stuffed and you'll need a new IPK and a test book session to code it.
    ________
    VAPORIZER GUIDE
    Last edited by greeners; 06-03-2011 at 01:11 PM.