Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner

Registered User Italianstallion's Avatar

Default Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner

Just thought I'd pop on to say hello, and introduce myself.

After two days of weighing up my options, I took the plunge and bought the V8 that you may have seen knocking around on auto-trader.

A bit about me then, I'm nearly 30, and have only been driving for 9 months, so in buying this car, many will think I'm mad, I know I am . However I have a stable average salary, don't smoke at all or drink (much), so weighing up the pros, cons, and costs, I've budgeted that I can afford this car, (well I'm optimistic I can, but fools rush in). I'm only doing around 200 miles a month, so hopefully fuel won't be such a massive hit, but the insurance is going to be the big hitter, as so far the cheapest quote I've found is £1100 due to the above.

I'll be selling my current ZT CDTI basically to fund this dream machine.

The issues that came with the car are:

1) Their no service history, car is a stolen repossession, but I've gone to great lengths to check that every-thing is completely clear before I purchased car. Car was sold on, at auction with all cleared to the dealer from which I bought the car.

2) I have been advised by the dealer that the car had to be broken into when it was originally recovered and has only one basic (non remote key) which was recut, so will need to get this sorted a bit later down the line.

3) The left front passenger door is apparently deadlocked accordingly to dealer. Messenger has advised me that he thinks its probably not deadlocked and can be sorted pretty cheaply. Hope so.

4) Needs MOT, Tax, Re-registration with DVLA. Engine was spotless when I viewed it.

5) Plastic electric seat facia on drivers seat is loose but in tact.

6) One or two scratches to front right bumper but overall the rest of body work is tidy. Theirs a wee bit of kerbing on the alloys but nothing that I would be considered an eye sore.

I'm hoping that everything else is fine, found the clutch a little stiffer then my CDTI, but it still had plenty of play so may have been changed. I don't think its on its way out, but couldn't be sure.

Well I'm hoping that with the support of the good people here, I will get the advice I need to feel at ease with my new machine, as I get aquatinted with its wonders and blunders, and I hope to solve the issues it may presently have with your help.

I know I've taken a risk, but from owning my diesel for nearly a year, and from getting to know some of the good folks at the ZT 75 forum, who's help has been invaluable, I'm feeling positive about my decision, and hopeful that I won't regret my actions.

Nice to meet everyone,

Italianstallion
    Last edited by Italianstallion; 03-08-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Welcome
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Welcome along. Hope that the unknown pedigree of the car presents no future problems
    Keith Vinten
    Mk 1 Tourer in X-Power Grey
    VIN 197
    No mods but I can dream

Good to hear from you, You don't say were abouts you live this could be useful in recommending garages etc, you are now officially one of a few good luck. Martin

Welcome,

The clutch on the V8 is quite stiff normally, It may just be down to to you not being used to it. Let us know where you are and if one of us is near you we could have a look.

Regards

Nigel
    Nigel Baines

MG ZT 385 SE Starlight Silver
    Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496
    `Roush Supercharger fitted 07 Feb 11`

`Do...or do not, There is no try.`

Welcome along, I'm sure you will get all the help and encouragement you need here.

Welcome in and from what you have shown you are not going to be shy asking. I hope the car lives up to you expectations.
    All it takes to put a smile on ones face when you are in this small club is a turn of the key. Keep turning!!!

Steve.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

Welcome aboard Fraser, don't forget the questionnaire open up the rest of the site.

Any assistance is at your finger tips. Imagine the help you have had so far on the 75&ZT club and add ownership knowledge to that and you have no worries at all.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Questionnaire received. Better get reading.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Shot Silk & Supercharged

Hi, sounds like you've taken on a bit of work, but there's some good people on here that should be able to help get everything sorted