Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner

Thread: Hello from an excitable new V8 Owner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hope you get it all sorted soon
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Registered User Italianstallion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    Hope you get it all sorted soon
    I've just had a thought of something important I overlooked I forgot to check whether it had a locking wheel nut. Oh well fingers crossed.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Italianstallion View Post
    ........ locking wheel nut .............
    or Locked
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Several threads on here on locking wheel nuts (including one from me) several of us have had seized McGard wheel nuts and had to resort to extreme methods to remove them, as a result a few of us have binned them
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Well in need some advice. Seller is saying he has no V5 for the vehicle, and is telling me that it could take a while before one comes through. I obviously need to tax the car as well, but can't do this without a V5, so in a bit of dilemma about what to do really. Car also needs an MOT. I wanted to pick the car up today, and get it on the road, as I can arrange insurance and MOT myself, but the tax is the issue.

Any advice on what I should do, as I was so hoping to get on the road this weekend!!! The seller is looking at possibility of dropping the vehicle off for me, but if thats the case how long would I have to wait for a V5?

Well I've phoned DVLA, and they've confirmed I can't tax the car immediately as theirs no V5 or V5C, and the vehicle is still registered in the previous owners name.

They've advised me I need to apply for a new V5 by filling in a V62 and sending through to DVLA with £25 cheque. Then it will then take up to 30 days, and then a new V5 should be issued. TBH I'm not too fused about waiting, as long as a new V5 is guaranteed, it will give me time to sort the issues. I'll keep my diesel for 30 days and when new V5 come through, I'm on the road.

As long as the dealer will deliver I'm happy with this. Only concern is if theirs any dispute over owner ship, but I phoned the original auctioneers which is a very large national Francise, and they went through everything confirming the I could by the car, and be 100% legal owner.

It looks like there was a V5 very recently as your tax is only due from the end of this month. I would get a bit heavy with the seller. V5's about three weeks but as long as you have documents confirming your ownership you should be able to insure. Get the seller to MOT it.

Get to the previous owner as well. Looked through my records and the car is new to the Two-Sixties.

The vehicle details for OE53 HGG are:

Date of Liability 01 03 2010
    Date of First Registration 11 12 2003
    Year of Manufacture 2003
    Cylinder Capacity (cc) 4600CC
    CO2 Emissions 314g/Km
    Fuel Type Petrol
    Export Marker Not Applicable
    Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
    Vehicle Colour BLUE
    Vehicle Type Approval M1

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
    6 Months Rate £118.25
    12 Months Rate £215.00
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    It looks like there was a V5 very recently as your tax is only due from the end of this month. I would get a bit heavy with the seller. V5's about three weeks but as long as you have documents confirming your ownership you should be able to insure. Get the seller to MOT it.

Get to the previous owner as well. Looked through my records and the car is new to the Two-Sixties.

The vehicle details for OE53 HGG are:

Date of Liability 01 03 2010
    Date of First Registration 11 12 2003
    Year of Manufacture 2003
    Cylinder Capacity (cc) 4600CC
    CO2 Emissions 314g/Km
    Fuel Type Petrol
    Export Marker Not Applicable
    Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
    Vehicle Colour BLUE
    Vehicle Type Approval M1

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
    6 Months Rate £118.25
    12 Months Rate £215.00
    Yeah Dealer found the tax disc, car is taxed until 28th Feb, but I don't want to insure it if I can't drive it away after this date, as its only 8 days away.

The dealer explained that a V5 has recently been sought from the auctioneer SMA, who would be forwarding it to him and he would pass this on to me, and had documentation to this effect. I told him I'd already been in contact with the auctioneer regarding the HPI and legitimacy of the vehicle, and I would chase them up about V5 as myself.

I'm not so concerned about the V5 but the car is still showing as having a stolen marker on his Experian HPI (which gives me some cause for concern). When I spoke to the auctioneer on Friday the auctioneer assured me they had fully notified the relevant bodies to have all adverse markers taken off HPI PNC etc, which I thought would have been done by now. The dealer also showed me the HPI of another vehicle in the same situation, he then showed me another HPI for the same vehicle which was fully cleared 3 days later, so I'm hoping that its a simple case of things going through the motions in relation to my new 260.

Can't get in touch with the auctioneer until monday now which is frustrating, but when I spoke to them on Friday they assured that all would be sorted on this day, and they would sent me written confirmation of clearance on the monday, from the finance company. The auctioneer is a national chain (SMA), and I was confident from speaking with them that all was legit, they were very professional, and took full liability for getting the markers off and dealing my situation. They explained the reason why my new car was perfectly fine to be purchased. They also mentioned that the car would not have been able to pass through the auctions if it was indeed stolen, or had outstanding finance on it.

Taking all things into consideration and looking at the company as a National Franchise, and the fact that the dealership was quite big, I have some peace of mind that all will be well.

Back to the car then. We'll the wheel locking nut was there. The car was in different position and I noticed a few more scratches on rear end, but I think with a bit of tcut and touchup, things will come out fairly well. The car must have been re-sprayed at some point, its that pearleasant green colour which reflects purple tints (fast and furious type stuff lol).

One other thing I noticed was that the drivers door, didn't clunk in its usual manor, it sounded hollow / rattley and the door facia looked loose, perhaps done when they replaced the window, but I hope this isn't a biggie to sort.

Going to have to give the car a really good inspection. The HPI check is showing the car as having quite a few owners.

Well no turning back now, its paid for and its being dropped off in about 20 mins. Why do I have a sinking feeling that this was perhaps a bad decision, its the old saying theres are reason things are so cheap. We'll see!!! I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by Italianstallion; 20-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Further to the above would their be any kind person who's local on this site, who could potentially come and give the car a one over. It would be a big help.