Development V8 Auto VIN 07
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Development V8 Auto VIN 07

Default Development V8 Auto VIN 07

I am now posting this in the Public Section, to broaden the audience, as suggested by Keith.

Well after four or more years at A E Wilcox, 07 is on the way to a new home and hopefully a re-incarnation. All donations gratefully received, particularly a complete set of ECUs!!!

John Wilcox still belives that this car was once a supercharged auto, but Nic (Rincewind) tells me that no such beast existed. It has, however, definitely been/is an auto, having only two pedals.

I have been in contact with Ian Pogson and Gary Egan at MG Motors Ltd to enquire whether there is any chance of liberating one of the V8 development cars, still at Longbridge, to act as a donor car. A very long shot and I'm not holding my breath. Failing a miracle, the search is on for a suitable (written off) donor car. Again, I would be grateful for any pointers.

In the meantime, I have entrusted the restoration to Corin Messenger from the Gentlemen's Forum and together we will try and come up with a cunning plan!

That is one hell of a project Tony!

Different wheels on each side - just like the 75 restoration happening on the 75/ZT owners club, quite a co-incidence.

Am I right in thinking the hairpins aren't strong enough for a V8? Otherwise you could beg the two hairpins they have got and make up a set.
    Ben Dobson
    X Power Grey 260 SE, #40

http://www.bendobson.co.uk/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    That is one hell of a project Tony!

Different wheels on each side - just like the 75 restoration happening on the 75/ZT owners club, quite a co-incidence.

Am I right in thinking the hairpins aren't strong enough for a V8? Otherwise you could beg the two hairpins they have got and make up a set.
    Hi Ben, Yes, it is and will be one hell of a project!! The wheel count is one Apex, two Hairpins and one Straights. You are right, the Hairpins are not suitable for a V8 - I'm planning to end up with four Straights down the line.

There seems to be something missing from it inthe first pic... cant quite put my finger on it though...
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by SH4RKY View Post
    There seems to be something missing from it inthe first pic... cant quite put my finger on it though...

The white van - it's missing a headlight, easy to miss though
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    The white van - it's missing a headlight, easy to miss though
    Ahhh Bingo! have your self a cookie!

good luck with the project. Nick at Austin Garages has a preproduction V8 and may be able to shed some light on any odd parts you find. His has Rover springs and an odd custom airbox amongst other things.
    Ian

wonder if Scooter will donate a supercharger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not if Tony keeps it as an Auto
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Sorry can't do Autos, we did not do a fuel map for it. The Auto would need a very different map.

nice get out clause
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]