Hi to all 260s members
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi to all 260s members

Default Hi to all 260s members

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and looking to buy a 260. I have my eye on one that I may be able to get for a very good deal that would normally seem too good to be true, except I know and trust the source.

2003 Mk1 ZT260 (NON SE) with 30k on clock, long tax and test, underbody has been waxoiled and the rear bushes have already been upgraded. It's in Pearlescent Blue (possibly flip to purple but still waiting to see it in the flesh to verify) all for only £1600. I know this seems impossibly cheap, especially as there are (apparently) no problems but I know there's a genuine reason for sale.

Could anyone tell me what I need to look for when I go to view the car just to set my mind at ease that it won't be a white elephant?

Also, if anyone knows someone after a R75 Connoisseur SE CDTi Auto with low miles I'm selling to fund the purchase of my 260 that would be a great help

Cheers

Tom

£1600 they moving country or something, thats somewhat insulting

oh and welcome
    Peter Essling

Shot Silk & Supercharged

For that money I'll have a spare!

or - for £9,000 I'll have a ZT400

I paid that for my 20" wheels alone, something can't be right!
    Welcome to the club, hope you get it for that.
    Gaz320
    No, it never gets wet!!.......well.......only at Coventry!!
    Oh and at Austins!!

still seems a little odd, even for the lowest price that the 260 is going for currently thats 4-5k out of pocket.
    Peter Essling

Welcome along

Check Fuel Clip and Heater Hose done
    Status of rear springs
    Check for water in boot
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

For that price check there's an engine for starters great if you get it for that price, check service history ect, but at that low mileage shouldn't be much wrong if anything .

At £1600 don't look just buy. If it turns out to be non-viable you will get the money back selling the spares.
    Keith Vinten
    Mk 1 Tourer in X-Power Grey
    VIN 197
    No mods but I can dream

Thanks for all the responses.

I can see the running theme that the price is too good to be true. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't consider it but I know the person selling it (or at least I know his son) and I know the reason for selling. Basically, thanks to medical conditions and operations the car is completely useless to him and as such he wants to sell quick so he can buy a Freelander.
    I also know he got the car on a good deal himself (although not that good) so he's not losing out too much (in his eyes).
    I think the price he's asking must be based on a similar age ZT with a K series engine as opposed to the 260, but I won't let that stop me

I will be buying unless it's a lemon as I've wanted a 260 since I heard MGR were doing a RWD V8...I just never had the money. This is a deal not to be missed.

Now to sell the R75.

Thanks for the welcome. Are there many members in the North East area? Are there many club meets? (Sorry, I used to be on a bike forum and they met every month or so...any excuse for a ride).

There are members in the North East - get the car and complete the questionnaire Tim will send you and all will be revealed
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end