History of BJ05 HFC - red ZT260?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: History of BJ05 HFC - red ZT260?

Default History of BJ05 HFC - red ZT260?

As per title.

BJ05HFC - 260 saloon, I currently don't know it's VIN.

Does anyone know this car or the history of it? It's a red (possibly Solar Red looking from images). It's advertised with 50K on the clock and appears to have a fair few options fitted.

It's Rio Red Simon and near the end of the production run before the collapse. (March 2005)
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Thanks Tim

I wondered if anyone on here owned this car previously or had knowledge of anyone owning it.

I'll hopefully take a look at it in the coming week (fingers crossed). Is there anything that I should look out for that might be potential problems/barganing points?

have a look at spunagains site for niggles.

all sortable but good bargaining fodder..

http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im guessing this is the red one on autotrader currently? Did you get to go see it in the end?

ooooppps! I missed you query, hope its not too late. If you look on the V8 section of the 75&ZT club there is a sticky at the top to answer your initial questions about what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by (keep quiet!) View Post
    Thanks Tim

I wondered if anyone on here owned this car previously or had knowledge of anyone owning it.

I'll hopefully take a look at it in the coming week (fingers crossed). Is there anything that I should look out for that might be potential problems/barganing points?
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Looking at this tommorow Heres hoping!!

Quote Originally Posted by rare View Post
    Looking at this tommorow Heres hoping!!
    Private Message sent.

Saw this today. Staff were very friendly and very helpfull. Its on autotrader for 7993, but when I got there it was up 8995...

Drove it, seems to drive well. First time I have drove a 260, the sound was fantastic! LOVE the weight of the controls, reminds me of an old E30 325 I once had with a heavy clutch Needs two front tyres as they are very bald on the outsides, and the rear bumper is scratched due to people loading stuff in to the boot. The boot is damp? Do they all suffer this? Seems like a lot of condensation on the boot when I opened it up.

Kerbed wheels...to be expected I guess. Wasnt able to get to the deal I wanted so came home and am going to have a think about it. Awesome car though, just a shame it needs some money spent on it to make it mint.

Rear Bumper, tyres, little d dents in two doors, kerbed wheels. The plastic with the seat controls for the driver chair was also broken off the seat frame, again is this common? Was a bit gutted that it wasnt mint otherwise I would of paid up and drove off with it there and then. Hmmm. Cant be to choosey though not many around is there! Especially when I have a car to P/X....

Idle curiosity question - what is your part exchange car?