Thinking about a ZT 260 - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a ZT 260

Hi Davey...you mention on .org about coming to the Birmingham meet next weekend, i assume you mean the Cannock one on the 75 club site?..

Your welcome to come up anyway! - There will be Me, Martin and Bernard with V8's there if you want to have a nosey round them ask questions and stuff
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence

Quote Originally Posted by Stu C View Post
    Hi Davey...you mention on .org about coming to the Birmingham meet next weekend, i assume you mean the Cannock one on the 75 club site?..

Your welcome to come up anyway! - There will be Me, Martin and Bernard with V8's there if you want to have a nosey round them ask questions and stuff

*Ahem* ... Zeb will also be present......

All black, black, black. bernard lpg's Avatar

Don't look too closely at mine, wrong lower grill mesh, odd mirrors, kerbed alloys and other blemishes!
    But it's on the road and used every day.
    Bernard Lovegrove. Rural Worcestershire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    *Ahem* ... Zeb will also be present......

I thought that you were a maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by bernard lpg View Post
    I thought that you were a maybe?

I believe I was down as a 'Highly Possible'..

Ahh sorry Zeb! - He'll be there too

@ Bernard...heh wouldnt worry bout the mesh, but odd mirrors? one chrome the other coloured?
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

- Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff11 View Post
    Hi Davey, I have had many cars over the years and been very pleased with MGR products, I used to get a bit bored and never kept a car for more than 2 years,
    that was Until I bought this one, I have had it now for over 4 years made a few mods etc and wouldnt want anything else, there are some faults that can appear as mentioned in above posts but considering the cars are now up to 6 years old very few new problems are occurring which shows just how robust these cars are, servicing is cheap considering its size.
    I just love getting into it at weekends, turning the key and unleashing that X Power grow
    I need to find something that keeps me ammused! I've decided I think the MG is the way forward and I'm going to get myself a more economical daily car, currently I've got a Zafira as a daily car but its a 1.8 auto and it drinks like a fish for what it is.. I've just been offered a 1.5dci megane (£30/year tax and silly economy) so I might use that as an excuse to save money for a super charger conversion

Yeah I should be coming up but it depends on Lowey and if its ready to sell or not I'd prefer to come up with cash in my pocket on the chance of leaving with a car if I like it

Ahh sorry Zeb! - He'll be there too

@ Bernard...heh wouldnt worry bout the mesh, but odd mirrors? one chrome the other coloured?
    No, no chrome!!! Chrome is for the 75.

One powerfold bullet on the driver's side and the other is non-powerfold later mirror. Just haven't got the motivation to change it yet as it's not keeping the car off the road!

The new p/fold is sitting in the warm and dry environment of our spare bedroom alongside with the chrome covers for the 75's mirrors and about 100 other bits.

Mrs L not too happy about it. Good job I have put the spare set of alloys in the garage or I could be in real trouble.

Yes Stu,
    Dave means the Chasewater meet next Sunday, I told him I would be attending myself on this occassion and at the same time it would be a good opportunity for him to ask any further questions he may have regarding ownership. Again in my post over on the Gentlemans site I said anyone is welcome to bring their cheque book / Cash and they can take mine home with them.

Look forward to seeing a few of you there

You too Lowey! - There seems to be a few more in the midlands with the 260's now. I may organise a midlands meet for us guys somewhere in the near future
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

- Gone but not forgotten