Thinking about a ZT 260
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a ZT 260

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Davey...you mention on .org about coming to the Birmingham meet next weekend, i assume you mean the Cannock one on the 75 club site?..

Your welcome to come up anyway! - There will be Me, Martin and Bernard with V8's there if you want to have a nosey round them ask questions and stuff
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence

Quote Originally Posted by Stu C View Post
    Hi Davey...you mention on .org about coming to the Birmingham meet next weekend, i assume you mean the Cannock one on the 75 club site?..

Your welcome to come up anyway! - There will be Me, Martin and Bernard with V8's there if you want to have a nosey round them ask questions and stuff

*Ahem* ... Zeb will also be present......

All black, black, black. bernard lpg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    *Ahem* ... Zeb will also be present......

I thought that you were a maybe?
    Bernard Lovegrove. Rural Worcestershire.

Quote Originally Posted by bernard lpg View Post
    I thought that you were a maybe?

I believe I was down as a 'Highly Possible'..

Ahh sorry Zeb! - He'll be there too

@ Bernard...heh wouldnt worry bout the mesh, but odd mirrors? one chrome the other coloured?
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence

Ahh sorry Zeb! - He'll be there too

@ Bernard...heh wouldnt worry bout the mesh, but odd mirrors? one chrome the other coloured?
    No, no chrome!!! Chrome is for the 75.

One powerfold bullet on the driver's side and the other is non-powerfold later mirror. Just haven't got the motivation to change it yet as it's not keeping the car off the road!

The new p/fold is sitting in the warm and dry environment of our spare bedroom alongside with the chrome covers for the 75's mirrors and about 100 other bits.

Mrs L not too happy about it. Good job I have put the spare set of alloys in the garage or I could be in real trouble.

Yes Stu,
    Dave means the Chasewater meet next Sunday, I told him I would be attending myself on this occassion and at the same time it would be a good opportunity for him to ask any further questions he may have regarding ownership. Again in my post over on the Gentlemans site I said anyone is welcome to bring their cheque book / Cash and they can take mine home with them.

Look forward to seeing a few of you there

Don't look too closely at mine, wrong lower grill mesh, odd mirrors, kerbed alloys and other blemishes!
    But it's on the road and used every day.

Quote Originally Posted by bernard lpg View Post
    Don't look too closely at mine, wrong lower grill mesh, odd mirrors, kerbed alloys and other blemishes!
    But it's on the road and used every day.
    See you use your's regularly, just how regularly. I'm in a quandry about whether to go for one as I tend to do a fair number of business miles a year. I do have the option of another car, but that would leave it to do the school run - nuff said.

I'm not desperately worried about costs, but given this car is going to be a future classic (here's hoping) then it seems a bit manic to clock up the miles on it, as opposed to just enjoy.

any thoughts?

... and no chance of three cars on the drive!

Quote Originally Posted by awoolmore View Post
    See you use your's regularly, just how regularly. I'm in a quandry about whether to go for one as I tend to do a fair number of business miles a year. I do have the option of another car, but that would leave it to do the school run - nuff said.

I'm not desperately worried about costs, but given this car is going to be a future classic (here's hoping) then it seems a bit manic to clock up the miles on it, as opposed to just enjoy.

any thoughts?

... and no chance of three cars on the drive!
    I use mine every day and for work (I'm a painter) Sure I'm going to be more careful but hay I feel that the car was built to be driven and the engine is good and strong for a lot of miles, fuel might hurt a bit but no pain no gain a smile on my face every time I fire her up, I look forward to getting up. Can't beat it Martin