Engine Management Warning Light Showing

Thread: Engine Management Warning Light Showing

Default Engine Management Warning Light Showing

Regarding this problem I experienced earlier in December, firstly thanks for all your suggestions about code reader etc. Anyway after bitting the bullet and going to my local MG ROVER dealer Epsom Motor Co. who I want to add are friendly and most helpfull, found the fault was due to a split breather hose, it was on the offside bank camshaft cover, there is a plastic elbow which connects to a short rubber hose( this was split on the underside) which is about 5 inches long with 1 3/8 joggle (sorry 127.0 mm x 34mm) then connects to plastic with offset to rubber hose elbow to throtle body, this subsecquently upset the emmission system and caused the warning light to bring attention to this fault. So dont forget to check this out on your vehicle, it does not touch or rub against any other part, may be fault in manufacture of hose, lets see, this may be an inherrant fault with this hose. Safe motoring Alan Rendall.

Top hint

Thanks Alan
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Shot Silk & Supercharged

Good pointer Alan, for reference do you know what code the fault generated (don't think there is a code for a split hose! )

Interesting, thanks for sharing! Was the code under emissions or engine?
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence