Opinion on value needed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinion on value needed

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by SH4RKY View Post
    There were some half cars around 215-220 time.
    The change was #217 officialy? I think
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

correct hence the query- can understand half breed mark 2's but not mark 1 after the changeover
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by havoc1 View Post
    Alright guys, I went to look at #199 as on Pistonheads at the weekend and put a deposit down: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/863716.htm

Mike is a sound bloke and the car is a credit to him, but I've currently got an immaculate Honda Accord Type R which has apparently just decided to need a new crank, so I'm feeling a bit paranoid about this purchase and needing your views:

* The car momentarily hestitated a couple of times during the drive, on small throttle openings. Is this normal or something to be concerned about? The spark plugs have been recently replaced and a new battery fitted.

* The clutch ? I experienced it as very heavy, to the point of being a bit offputting. Is this normal? Can anything be done to lighten the clutch?

* The gearbox felt slow and it was easy to miss the plane of 3rd-5th so you inadvertently went to 5th unless you were conscious of letting the spring find the right plane. Again, is this a normal characteristic?

* Finally, I may have been hallucinating but If I recall correctly the temperature readout on the aircon seemed to click up a couple of degrees over time even when set at a certain level. Any thoughts?

Any views gratefully received.

I think Havoc1 may have got a little confused with his Vin Number, only this was a post of his when he originally bought the car. As you can see it suggests the car is actually 199 so Pre-facelift makes more sense.

thanks for the clarification
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lowey260 is quite right - it is 199. Thanks.