Review of paste waxes

Thread: Review of paste waxes

Default Review of paste waxes

Having used various liquid waxes in the past, i have been trying out different paste waxes over the last 2 years and thought i would bring my experiences and recommendations.

Before using any of these waxes I clean the car, clay bared, cleaned again, polished then waxed.

I firstly used Collinite No. 476S - Super Doublecoat

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/co.../prod_207.html

The wax comes in a nice metal tin, is easy to apply and to remove as long as not left to long, and a long lasting protection. The only downfall that i could find with this wax was the chalky residue that it left behind which if not removed from crevices is a bit of an eye sore being white. The wax has excellent water beading properties once it has been applied. The collinite is a worth while purchase and is a good price to boot.

The second wax used was Meguiars Gold Class Clear Coat Paste Wax

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/product.php?id=MEG-G7014

Again this wax comes in a metal time, and also come with a foam application pad, which for applying wax is perfect. The price again like the collinite is very reasonable, easy to apply and remove, but again if left in any crevices the wax turns chalky white and can become difficult to remove, just like the collinite has excellent beading of water on the cars surface, but just not as long lasting as the collinite. Still a worth while buy with not much between this product and collinite paste waxes.

The third product R222 Carnauba Wax

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/r2.../prod_357.html

Although the R222 product is at least £10 more expensive than the Collinite and Meguiars and come in a plastic pot, it is by far the better paste wax. Very very easy to apply, and just as easy to remove once dried. The product doesn't leave any chalky residue and is plastic safe with not leaving any white marks behind. Whilst i haven't had the wax on my car long enough to pass judgement on its longitivity, the wax is acclaimed and has won many awards and out preformed more expensive waxes.

All in all having used all three waxes i would happily buy any of them again.
    Peter Essling

Nice. Have gold glass liquid wax and turtle wax Black at the mo. Will think about trying a paste wax when they run low.
    Ian

Good info Peter, thanks.
    I'm just about out of my liquid wax so will give one of these a try next
    A

I have to say I have never used any of the above but I will be sticking with harly wax. It was £30 for two including shipping. I am now on the second but only just. Fiesta van has been done 3 times, Mini 4 or 5 times, My old zt cdti 2 or 3 times and finally mister bountyfull about 4 to 5 times. Last a long time with good beeding.

It is considered old school but the cars always look as good if not better when ever I have been to any group meetings.

Steve.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

have to give that a go when all my supply's run out
    Peter Essling

Nice one.

I got a bucket sized tin of Finish Kare FK1000 from cleanyourcar.
    found it a pain to put on with a foam applicator, maybe a microfibre one would be better, but polished up nicely and beads beautifully. Its also brought a nice depth of reflection on the Cooper Diesel which is pepper white
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

I would support the recommendation for Harly Wax, especially if you have a black car. It gives a good shine and leaves no residue. If you're a bit weird, I've seen recommendations for applying it with your fingers - apparently, it's a good way to warm the wax...
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

I have used the Harly wax extensively as well - excellent product.

Looking forward to using it on my 260 very soon!

I am using the new Autoglym High definition wax polish, very pleased with the results I reckon its better than Maguiars gold class, seems glossier