Yet another potential buyer!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another potential buyer!

Default Yet another potential buyer!

Hi there! I'm currently doing my research and looking into getting myself a 260, be it ZT or ZT-T. I can see the appeal of both and know of the extra rarity of the estates. I have hankered after one of these cars since first seeing one on Top Gear.

My main problem is, however, that I have never been up close to one of these cars yet, let alone been driven in one. I'm near Nuneaton and have seen some Midlands-based members on here and wondered if any kindly souls may be willing to meet up and show me over the car? Naturally I wouldn't expect a drive myself - you wouldn't would you, with someone you didn't know - but a short ride out in a car would be hugely appreciated if that were possible, but the main reason would be to just point out those areas to be mindful of when buying. I'm a genuine bloke and if anyone is able to oblige, I'll PM my phone number so we can chat first.

This seems like a good, friendly place, so I look forward to someone being able to help me out.

Thanks, chaps,

Stu

Hello and welcome Stu.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Hi Stu! - If you want, on the 13th September there is a meet in Cannock with the 75&ZT club and me and a guy by the user name merl will be there with our V8's. Your more then welcome to come up!
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence

Hi stuart, get yourself assimilated . where are you ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi all, and thanks for the welcome. I'm near Nuneaton. The meet on 13 Sept sounds good but I'm working during the day, sadly. And it's the missus' birthday, so we'll be out later on. If I book a day off work to look at cars but not do anything with her for her birthday, I'll be in for it...!

I could manage a run out a few miles across the Midlands to meet up sometime, however, if it's convenient.

Shot Silk & Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by stuart260 View Post
    If I book a day off work to look at cars but not do anything with her for her birthday, I'll be in for it...!
    You say that like it's a bad thing !!

Ah thats a shame, bring her with you and stop off on the way back for a meal?.....

If i'd have known about this on sat i'd have stopped off coming back from Bedford,
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence

hello and welcome, another stu to add to the collective
    Peter Essling

Well I've tried to get Sunday off work but it's not going to happen, sadly, otherwise I would have had a run up to Cannock. Stu C, I've PM'd you, for info.

I was out and about with work last night, near where I live. Anyone on here know of a grey facelift 260 saloon on a 54 plate, in Hinckley? If the owner is on here, it could be a really useful contact for me...

Stu

Just picked up this thread shame, I was in Bulkington on Saturday fishing. If you don't get yourself sorted then send me a PM I might be over there again in the next 2 weeks as I had a really great day and as always a thoroughly enjoyable journey....

Paul