Yet another potential buyer! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another potential buyer!

PM sent...

Number 314 will soon be in my possession and a member of this group. Full details later this evening, when I have time.

Basically the car has some cosmetic work to be sorted out, which the garage are doing - smart repair type jobs to the bumpers, etc. Also, the driver's seat bolster has worn and ripped from drivers getting in and out. This too, is to be repaired. The other work being done prior to collection is:

Aircon compressor being replaced and system fully tested

Scuffs on alloys being repaired

Tracking/alignment (slight pull to left)

Handbrake adjustment (top of travel)

Passenger seat won't slide fore and aft, so is being fixed

Service due imminently so being serviced

12 months MOT

12 months warranty

Valet inside and out

The car has a fully stamped service history, most from the dealer I am buying from (they were MG Rover prior to becoming Mazda and still service MG and Rover vehicles). Previous owner had it for almost 3 years, supplied by same dealer and salesman.

They wouldn't budge on the price, which wasn't really expected once the level of work was agreed - I think they are spending quite a substantial sum on the amount that is being done. I couldn't get any tax thrown in, either, which runs out at the end of this month. 6 months going on it for now. It hasn't been a pampered example, by any means, but it seems a good, honest car, with some bits and bobs for me to sort out as well and this is reflected in the price of 6990. That said, all that work is being done prior to me collecting the car.

Driving impressions? Everything I dreamt it would be! "Meaty" is a word I would use to describe the weight of the controls, clutch and gearbox especially. They have a very heavy, yet solid action. It gives the car a real "mechanical" feel. The steering, on the other hand, was really quite impressive in it's comination of weighting and feedback. The car, although not small, feels responsive and smaller than it actually is. Then there is the engine - granted, not a patch on anything from BMW, Audi, etc but the sound is addictive and had me grinning from ear to ear. The torque peak is really quite high at 4k rpm and whilst the car didn't feel initally to be that fast, a glance at the speedometer showed how quickly the speed had risen.

As for the known issues - I will have to make a point of checking the fuel clip asap. The heater hose appeared fine. The aircon/heating system is being looked at. Anything else I will pick up and learn as I go along, with the help and advice available here.

Let the fun begin!

It sounds like you have done really well, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart260 View Post
    The car has a fully stamped service history, most from the dealer I am buying from (they were MG Rover prior to becoming Mazda and still service MG and Rover vehicles).
    Sounds like Trinity, although I didn't know they had a 260 in?
    Did have #207, now belongs to John :(
    One day, I'll be back in the 260s... :)