Looking for a MG 260 Cash Buyer - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a MG 260 Cash Buyer

ZT 260SE

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1149661.htm

Any thoughts on this one guys?

Given that the red one comes with zero's, accufab and all the toys. I would say it is worth a visit. Its not that much above your quoted ceiling and you may get him down a little given the other V8 sitting on the drive.

I don't think that the zero's are fitted in the pictures provided, they look like standard exhausts to me.

Steve.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

Try posts #6, #15 and #18, they may shed some light on this car:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...ead.php?t=2153
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

ZT 260SE

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Try posts #6, #15 and #18, they may shed some light on this car:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...ead.php?t=2153

Nich, could you do me a favour, I don't have permission to view the above link (due to the fact I cannot be a full member until I possess a 260) - could you copy/paste what is in the links, or quote if possible?

I have provisionally bought the car over the phone, as long as it's as described - which is no defects, immaculate, FSH etc - so subject to inspection/test drive it could be mine.

Got me worried now Nich

Also regarding the exhaust - I assumne Zero's are actually stamped as such on the actual back box?

Any help greatly appreciated chaps.

Hi Charlie,

No need to worry.

Basically:
    Post #6 says that #216 is officially a Mk1 with a Mk2 front end.

Post #15 says that it was for sale in Coventry in Nov 2007.

Post #18 says this: (also Nov 2007)

I didn't get to look at #216 today problems on M6 North so had to take a detour. This looks to be a genuine bargain then for the 260 enthusiast, the guy who is selling it is a trader but it sounds a good one.

I know how the monogram colours are suggested to be collectable but how many 260s MK2 are Solar Red? £8,500 seems a good price for anyone dipping their toe inthe water. However it appears to be missing a few buttons for later SE spec. Is this one the car that was driven by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear, that was red? Shame it didn't knock some more sense into him like the SV test drive car tried to, I'm a Brummie can't help being bitter!

Zeroes are not stamped. They are quite shiny and will not be at all rusty. If the boxes are rusty they are the standard ones.

Phil
    Last edited by Phil; 22-07-2009 at 09:41 AM.

ZT 260SE

Cheers for that Phil,

One of the first things the seller mentioned was the fact the car was one of the first Mk2 shapes with Mk1 dash, no traction etc - good to know thats backed up with the info on here.

It has been tidied up stonechip wise, alloys refurbished etc - but the seller owns a top notch Bodyshop (renowned on Impreza forums for attention to detail - real pride in their work, mentioned on Detailing World etc too).

I will need to have a good look at the exhaust then, but I would assume the sound should be very pronounced from aftermarket pipes?

Also, to quote Phil's post #18 " However it appears to be missing a few buttons for later SE spec " - I assume this is lack of traction control?

Apart from alternator belt, heater hose, fuel clip and verifying the Zero's are genuine - is there anything else I should be aware of before parting with the cash - the seller seems up front and honest, but I just want to cover all bases.

Charlie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Also, to quote Phil's post #18 " However it appears to be missing a few buttons for later SE spec " - I assume this is lack of traction control?
    As far as I`m aware - its just Traction Control, Cruise Control, and maybe Traffic Master that Mk1s did not have. So a Mk1 would have just the 2 buttons on centre consol for heated seats. the Mk11s would have 4 buttons.

Looks like a bargain for a rare red Mk11 - best of luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Silver View Post
    As far as I`m aware - its just Traction Control, Cruise Control, and maybe Traffic Master that Mk1s did not have. So a Mk1 would have just the 2 buttons on centre consol for heated seats. the Mk11s would have 4 buttons.

Looks like a bargain for a rare red Mk11 - best of luck!!
    There are 5 buttons on a fully specced SE. Two heated seats, traction control, cruise control and rear blind.

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    There are 5 buttons on a fully specced SE. Two heated seats, traction control, cruise control and rear blind.
    I concur (said the man with 5 buttons, in a smug kind of way)
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

God I was hasty buying my car....