Piper Exhausts
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Piper Exhausts

Default Piper Exhausts

Okay chaps, have been talking to Garry from Piper Exhausts about developing an oval for you people who have a need for a louder exhaust note similar to the x-powers but with a better quality sound and SS material.

Garry can develop not only the boxes but a mid section as well. Is there anyone who lives near Garry (Kent) who can let him hear the x-powers? Using a 260 as a test car is not a problem as Garry's Grandad is Brian who has a BRG mk1.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Okay chaps, have been talking to Garry from Piper Exhausts about developing an oval for you people who have a need for a louder exhaust note similar to the x-powers but with a better quality sound and SS material.

Garry can develop not only the boxes but a mid section as well. Is there anyone who lives near Garry (Kent) who can let him hear the x-powers? Using a 260 as a test car is not a problem as Garry's Grandad is Brian who has a BRG mk1.

Yep - send me the details
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Morning All.

As mention by Tim above, we have been approached by a couple of your members to look at developing a pair of rear boxes for the ZT260. The reason we were approached is people are looking for a good quality replacement for the stock boxes as they are starting to need changing as they are deteriorating now.

I understand that their are 2 common options at the moment but both with bad points. The first is the Zero Exhausts for £550.00, its accepted that these are very good quality but the price is high. The second option is the X-Power boxes, but im told these are no longer available.

I plan to make an option that ticks both requirements, Price and Quality.

We had Brian (my Grandad) bring his car (#182) in my workshop yesterday and had a look at the underside and did some initial costings.

We plan to offer 2 options of tailpipe design to suit both requirments, a twin tailpipe option like the OE ones and the Zero ones, and also an Oval option for people that want the X-Power style.

Both of these options are looking to cost £399.99 inc vat (£347.82 Ex vat). They will be made from T304 stainless steel, come with a full fitting kit and lifetime guarantee.

In order to get the development signed off by my accounts dept i need an initial order for 10 pairs of boxes (10 cars). These can be mixed tailpipe options. I understand their is already the demand for the product and am happy to jump on the development once i have reached the initial 10 orders.

What i would like is for anyone that wants them to give me a call and place the order and pay a 50% deposit. Once i have the 10 initial orders i will book Brians car back in and get them developed, made and shipped.

I shall offer free carriage to the first 10 orders saving £15.00.

In case some of you are not aware of our work, i have attached a few pictures of recent developments.

Astra VXR

Nissan R35 GTR

Honda Civic Type R - EP3

Vauxhall VX220 - Manifold

Noble M12 GTO

Westfield - OE Supplier

I hope this is of interest to you and look forward to speaking with you.

If anyone has any questions you can either ask in this thread, send me a PM or call me and have a chat on 01303 245300.

Kind Regards

Garry Curley
    Race Product Development Dept

Quote Originally Posted by PiperRS View Post
    Morning All.

As mention by Tim above, we have been approached by a couple of your members to look at developing a pair of rear boxes for the ZT260. The reason we were approached is people are looking for a good quality replacement for the stock boxes as they are starting to need changing as they are deteriorating now.

I understand that their are 2 common options at the moment but both with bad points. The first is the Zero Exhausts for £550.00, its accepted that these are very good quality but the price is high. The second option is the X-Power boxes, but im told these are no longer available.

I plan to make an option that ticks both requirements, Price and Quality.

We had Brian (my Grandad) bring his car (#182) in my workshop yesterday and had a look at the underside and did some initial costings.

We plan to offer 2 options of tailpipe design to suit both requirments, a twin tailpipe option like the OE ones and the Zero ones, and also an Oval option for people that want the X-Power style.

Both of these options are looking to cost £399.99 inc vat (£347.82 Ex vat). They will be made from T304 stainless steel, come with a full fitting kit and lifetime guarantee.

In order to get the development signed off by my accounts dept i need an initial order for 10 pairs of boxes (10 cars). These can be mixed tailpipe options. I understand their is already the demand for the product and am happy to jump on the development once i have reached the initial 10 orders.

What i would like is for anyone that wants them to give me a call and place the order and pay a 50% deposit. Once i have the 10 initial orders i will book Brians car back in and get them developed, made and shipped.

I shall offer free carriage to the first 10 orders saving £15.00.

In case some of you are not aware of our work, i have attached a few pictures of recent developments.

Astra VXR

Nissan R35 GTR

Honda Civic Type R - EP3

Vauxhall VX220 - Manifold

Noble M12 GTO

Westfield - OE Supplier

I hope this is of interest to you and look forward to speaking with you.

If anyone has any questions you can either ask in this thread, send me a PM or call me and have a chat on 01303 245300.

Kind Regards

Garry Curley

Garry if you want to hear/see the x-powers at any stage, drop me a PM.

On a general point to all - is it worth looking at any other section of the exhaust at the same time.

Also are the ZT and ZT-T boxes the same
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Okay mate. If the project goes ahead i shall ask you to head over

Shall monitor this thread to measure demand.

So far looks like no one, lol.

Garry Curley

Shot Silk & Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post

On a general point to all - is it worth looking at any other section of the exhaust at the same time.

Also are the ZT and ZT-T boxes the same
    I don't know if anyone has had problems elsewhere, but no doubt it will come.

I think the ZT-T boxes are same but the end pipes are longer?

Quote Originally Posted by PiperRS View Post
    Okay mate. If the project goes ahead i shall ask you to head over

Shall monitor this thread to measure demand.

So far looks like no one, lol.

Garry Curley

Give it a while - there's a lot going on at the moment so people may take a while to feedback

as much as i want ovals, having paid for the zero's financially its a waste. however, if someone wanted to buy my zero's then i would go for a set of new ovals. alternately, i would love to replace or upgrade to sports cats, or replacing the single centre section, if up graded parts can be made.

i've considered the manufacture of and replacement of the standard parts for better quality stainless steel items as i'm a confident stainless TIG welder have a nice ESAB machine that i rarely use at home, do most at work.

how far you want to go i don't know as less restrictive exhaust manifolds would be great,
    another idea of a stainless induction system to replace the rubber set up 75mm tube.
    Peter Essling

3 inches or 75mm longer to be precise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ksilver View Post
    I don't know if anyone has had problems elsewhere, but no doubt it will come.

It is just the 260 we are currently looking at just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    Give it a while - there's a lot going on at the moment so people may take a while to feedback
    Thats okay, im in no rush, its the members i shall let come to me if they want the development to go ahead

Quote Originally Posted by pessling View Post
    as much as i want ovals, having paid for the zero's financially its a waste. however, if someone wanted to buy my zero's then i would go for a set of new ovals. alternately, i would love to replace or upgrade to sports cats, or replacing the single centre section, if up graded parts can be made.

i've considered the manufacture of and replacement of the standard parts for better quality stainless steel items as i'm a confident stainless TIG welder have a nice ESAB machine that i rarely use at home, do most at work.

how far you want to go i don't know as less restrictive exhaust manifolds would be great,
    another idea of a stainless induction system to replace the rubber set up 75mm tube.
    We can bend 76.20mm (3") so could possibly do the induction pipe work also if it was wanted.

We did look at the rest of the system and will probably develop the full system, excluding the over axel pipe and manifolds.

Kind Regards

Garry Curley