Indestructible Kenyan Mobile Clinic

Thread: Indestructible Kenyan Mobile Clinic

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Indestructible Kenyan Mobile Clinic

This is a project I have been working on for a couple of years, and after reading some of the comments (all good I might add) I thought some of you loonies might want to give me a hand. I must stress this is a not for profit project, even though designing vehicles is what I do for a living, this is my personal way of putting something back into the world.

Here is the basic sinopsis:-
    I am designing an lightweight articulated mobile clinic, which can take education and support into the Kenyan waste lands, both slums and the bush. That means that it has to be able to travers and survive some very servere terrain. It needs an engine with loads of low end grunt, that can pull upto 6,000kg up a 45 degree slope, without weighing a ton itself. More importantly it needs to be petrol and it needs to be simple to service, out in the field.

It is possible to buy an all terrain truck, but the bodies are small (ish) well too small to do what I had in mind, and you would need well in excess of 100k to purchase just one. PLus you have to haul arounf 6,000kg of truck before you put anything on it, so that is why I am considering a lightweight artic version.

My plan is to develope a vehicle with twice the size of body (allowing a better scope for education and storage) for no more than half that budget.

Build a prototype and test it to destruction, if it survives then send it to kenya for active service, and then contact the big aid agencies to get them rolled out en-mass.

I need to put together a team, I will find the neccessary finance, but what is needed is man hours.

I have worked out that I don't have all ther neccessary talent, to make this project happen. So considering that everone here owns a car like mine, and quite possibly has the same out look then I thought I would ask, to see if anyone would like to get involved. Like I said it is purely non profit making but that doesn't stop the subject matter being very interesting.
    Last edited by calvin; 14-06-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: usual numpty spelling errors