Differential Wanted!!

Thread: Differential Wanted!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Differential Wanted!!

Has anyone got a differential knocking around that they don't want?

I have now fitted two and both have been U/S on fit. I'm getting pretty good at it now, and have got removed and refitted the sub frame assy. in about 2 1/2 hours, but I am getting a bit dispondent over it all now. Bespoke auto developments have supplied the diffs (ex MGR bankrupt stock) and they have been more than helpfull, but I am still without a servicable diif and therfore car. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by Guy; 18-05-2009 at 10:48 AM.
    It's a V8 thing - 031

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Neptune View Post

I have now fitted two and both have been U/S on fit. I'm getting pretty good at it now, and have got removed and refitted the sub frame assy. in about 2 1/2 hours, but I am getting a bit dispondent over it all now. Bespoke auto developments have supplied the diffs (ex MGR bankrupt stock) and they have been more than helpfull, but I am still without a servicable diif and therfore car. Can anyone help?
    Sorry to hear the problems you have had, I assume you have had refunds on the dud diffs you have been given? I'm not sure if the diff was a bespoke part for MG or available elsewhere as it was fitted to other makes/models?

No, it is not a bespoke part. It is the Dana Hydratrak LSD, fitted to lots of cars, including TVRs.

When mine was replaced, it was ordered direct from Australia where they are manufactured, but I would be surprised if Dreadnought couldn't help you in some way.

could try some tvr websites, although not sure on the cost of the units
    Peter Essling

What about Pilsden Autos(Dorset) for a 2nd hand one? they are breaking one with around 30k on it don't know how much they would want for one, they are advertising on Ebay (front wiring loom ZT V8).

thats a good idea Paul. Very helpful on the phone when i brought the gear surround from them
    Peter Essling

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Neptune View Post

Given the situation with mine, this is not reassuring news

Hope for all our sakes you get this resolved asap

Best regards

Colin
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end