Accufab For Sale - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accufab For Sale

all the gaskets are there, mine was second hand from america, the main plenum to intake has a gasket in the intake like the picture, all the gaskets are removed from your old one and fit the new, as other than the throttle body gasket that should already be fitted.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture076.jpg
    Peter Essling

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

Cool - thanks Peter, you are a mine of useful information
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

and lots of useless information as well
    Peter Essling

Mark,
    As Peter said the gaskets are usually still stuck to the throttle body.
    I tried to order some new ones though, as I know how much of a pain even a slight vacuum leak can be.

But I could not easily source them, so I reused the old ones, and also used a small amount of good quality RTV sealant just to be sure.

SJR
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

Also Mark, be aware that the ECU takes a short while to relearn the idle speed when you swap t/bodies (either way).

If mine was anything to go by, the first few miles will result in a near stall for a while but a couple of brief runs, stopping the engine here & there, will see it set itself right again.

Enjoy.

If you go on to the BBK site there is a video with instructions to fit the BBK 78mm TB/Plenum. http://www.bbkperformance.com/produc...le-intake.html this will give you an idea even if your fitting an Accufab.

Best when finished installing (mine took 40 mins) is to start up and leave the engine on idle for around 15 minutes which allows the ECU to learn.

Hope this helps.

Max

Max Steele
    No: 167, Mk1 04 Reg SE, X-Power Grey,
    Upgrades: Powerflow Ovals, BBK 78mm TB/Plenum, ACCEL COP's, RAM Air Intake System with Blue Silicon air intake hose with Pipercross Viper reverse-flow air filter system,
    Up-rated Heavy Duty clutch, New Front Discs (back to oem), New rear springs, New front Bilstein shocks, New Rear Discs at 123K, New MG7 rear cluster. lights.
    Twin 7" Headrest screens and DVD player with remote control.
    Worcester Area :cool: