Rover 75 V8 on Pistonheads

Thread: Rover 75 V8 on Pistonheads

Default Rover 75 V8 on Pistonheads

Went to see said 75 yesterday as I have been looking for sometime now (want an auto) - a lot of stone chips on the bonnet/front end and some marking on a couple of the wheels - face not rim. overall the body looks a little tired in places. On the plus side it runs very well which at 13000 miles it should, and the interior in spotless. The seller - who runs a garage/mot station, wants £9950, any thoughts anyone?
    Stuart

Seems a bit high taking into account the current values, paint can be attended too if chips etc so would not let that put you off. Mike bought a tatty 75 and has brought it back to life.

Do it!
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybusa View Post
    Went to see said 75 yesterday as I have been looking for sometime now (want an auto) - a lot of stone chips on the bonnet/front end and some marking on a couple of the wheels - face not rim. overall the body looks a little tired in places. On the plus side it runs very well which at 13000 miles it should, and the interior in spotless. The seller - who runs a garage/mot station, wants £9950, any thoughts anyone?
    Stuart

Soundfs a bit pricey to me - but then the 75 V8s in particular are very rare. If it was a ZT it would probbaly be priced at £7-8k at a guess. What about the gold one thats on ebay at the moment - same asking price of £10k?

What about the gold one thats on ebay at the moment - same asking price of £10k?[/quote]

Cannot quite cope with gold (chatsworth monogram?) and cream upholstery.
    I would love the tourer that has been for sale at Summit Garages for the last 6 months, but at £13,900 they are having a laugh.
    Happy to pay a premium over MGs for the auto box....but there is a limit!

Archived Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Mike bought a tatty 75 and has brought it back to life.

Do it!
    awww.....it wasn't that bad

imo the car would need to have fsh with knobs on at that price and be in top nick. £7 to £8k is a fair price but as there were only 166 built they are a bit hard to come by.

hth