Silver 260 SE (LPG) Mods 38k Miles
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver 260 SE (LPG) Mods 38k Miles

Archived Member

Default Reduced Silver 260 SE (LPG) Mods 38k Miles

Its a 2004 on 53 plate (Private at mo, but thats to come off) Starlight Silver SE so basicaly has every extra bar crouse and Traction as they only really came in to play on the MK2.
    39k now!
    Its a late MK1 and has the small lip spoiler on the boot which I prefer and not the huge boomerang one.
    It has a one off Exhaust system (original inc with sale) which everyone comments sounds out of this world.
    Wind deflectors on all side windows.
    Widescreen motorised TV and upgraded to DVD Sat nav from the very slow CD standard ver.
    Apex Alloys with 4 close to new tyres less than 1500 miles on them.
    The Gas conversion was close to £3000 all in, I paid this as I did not want to loose power on LPG and so a performance LPG conversion was done. This also ment changing all 8 coil packs to ensure the best spark and burn of gas. It also has a one off 4" induction kit, goodrich braided brake lines all round, pony on front grill, blacked out fog light surrounds, audi style front side lights, M3/Mini side LED repeeters and grill, MK2 rear ZT centre badge, one off stainless LPG filler cap and the Acufab 75mm Throttle body.

I'd like £7,495 and would hope to get close to this simply becuase of the LPG, its like running a Diesel on fuel costs but with the power and touque of a Mustang 4.6 V8. I test drove 6 before buying this one. some MK1 and MK2 and this simply drove the best in every way and still does.
    It had 26k on it when I bought it 3 yrs ago and has just done over 38k now.
    I have lots of paperwork and the LPG cert which also gets you a reduction on road tax.
    It has had oil change and filters every 5k and at the last all oil changed, Brake oil when the 4 braided brakes lines were fitted, gearbox and diff.
    Engine oil is Mobil 1 but not the really thin stuff.
    I'm sure there is stuff I've missed out so any Q's fire away.
    I have every MOT and the original Bill of sale from Southport MG main Dealer!

Only down side, I reversed in to a post that the Park sensors missed. I have not had this repared so that anyone looking can see it first and then I'll have it done as its only small. But thought if I get it done before peeps will wonder then just how bad it was before if they see fresh paint etc.

PM me for details.

Rossy
    Last edited by rossy; 02-08-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Archived Member

Not even a sniff?

Probably need to cast your net wider- Ebay or pissstone heads for starters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rossy, not sure where you have advertised your car, but i think you may want to review the price, as firstly MK1's are now worth less than MK2's as they now look dated to the average buyer (sorry to you MK1 owners, as i know its personal preference, but the enquiries i get are now for mainly MK2 as opposed to MK1s 2 yrs ago).

plus the main thing is your price of around £9,500 is about £2,500 over what its really worth. and given that scenario its not good value in the market place as someone will only buy an lpg converted car if they are saving on the costs of what the cars market value is plus the cost of new lpg system fitted. so your price is more than the two added together.

The lpg system s/hand only adds max of £500 - £750 to the cars market value of max £6,500. plus as you dont have the paperwork or more importantly the installation cert. this will put buyers off and is potentially worth not a lot more than a std non lpg car.

I would pitch the car around £7,500 but be prepared to still have come down on that.

goodluck anyway, regards

James @ Elite Car co.

Archived Member

James, it clearly says above that I had the LPG conversion done... thus I have the reciept and the cert!! So was not to happy at you saying "as you don't have the paperwork" I also have original bill of sale from MG/Subaru Dealership in Southport off 1st owner showing what he paid and his part exchange and all other bills and reciepts..plus its only done 38k not many left with this low miles even the MK2s also only 2 owners. Most are now 50/60k + miles and like me I think quite a few peeps prefer the more aggresive looks of the MK1 they are the same car at the end of the day...
    Other than that appreciate the info...but should we not be trying to keep the value of these future classics up not putting them down?
    I will not take less than £8000, but if I advertised it at this peeps presume you'll take £7000 I think its worth more than the £8000 I want...it stands me at over £15,000!
    Plus am just bored with it now...its no diss to the car, quite the oposite as I do not usualy keep them this long..3 years is only beeten by my 5 years of Porsche ownership!
    If it goes it goes, if it doesn't it doesn't its still a good car that does what I want, just fancy a BMW as my mate got one and was impressed.
    Last edited by rossy; 02-04-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Just re read the original message that James commented on as I to thought there was no paperwork for the LPG conversion, - a typo reads 'Losts' instead of 'Lots' - so guess he made same mistake as me thought it was lost!

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

Hmmmm - I read it as lost as well. Perhaps we need a smellchucker for this frum. Alternatively, everyone should use Firefox which has inline spellchecking. I an using IE at work which is why I'm allowed to misspell things...
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

Quote Originally Posted by baldybloke View Post
    Hmmmm - I read it as lost as well. Perhaps we need a smellchucker for this frum. Alternatively, everyone should use Firefox which has inline spellchecking. I an using IE at work which is why I'm allowed to misspell things...

Maybe this helps (apologies for diverting the thread)

spellcheck

Herman
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

I'm at work - not allowed to install anything either...
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

Archived Member

What is bad is I use firefox, must not have the spell check turned on..

I appologise anyway...I have "a great deal of paperwork"!

I also corrected the above.