Meguiars engine cleaner and dressing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meguiars engine cleaner and dressing

Default Meguiars engine cleaner and dressing

Whilst i have certain standards for the outside of my car, the engine bay is one of the places that i don't pay particular attention to. Whilst its not one of the areas of the car that gets particularly dirty because of the engine under tray i have found that because it stays dry that it gets very dusty.

Having ordered some Meguiars engine cleaner and engine dressing i picked them up from the post office today and gave them a try.

Its never a good idea to pressure wash your engine or to soak it in water so the first stage was to use a spray bottle containing water to wet the engine bay and to get into the areas that are impossible to get your hand into.

The next step was using the Meguiars engine cleaner simply spray on and leave for 30 seconds before washing off again using the spray bottle with water and soaking up with a towel and rubbing some of the areas, which worked well. once all dried up it was time for the engine dressing again simply sprayed on and rubbed in places. The engine cleaner is safe to use on all plastics and rubber and adds a nice clean out of factory look to all the hoses and covers.

I have no pictures of before but the engine bay was very dusty with some water marks around the place

The finished article

The next time i do this i will be using some soft brushes so that i can get into the crevices and improve on the past effort

Well worth the £7.99 each as it will last years for the amount of the spray that is used per application. A worthy addition to my ever increasing in size detailing box.
    Peter Essling

where did you get it from Peter ? Looks like new

I ordered it through http://www.shinearama.co.uk/ although can be ordered from Meguiars directly http://www.meguiars.co.uk/ if you go into the shop. places like Halfords etc don't do a very good range of Meg's
    Peter Essling

Shouldn't of asked should I, just looked at shinerama Like a kid in a sweet shop now

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff11 View Post
    Shouldn't of asked should I, just looked at shinerama Like a kid in a sweet shop now
    i know what you mean geoff there is so much stuff about, think i've brought lots of it recently. Buying the bigger containers for stuff like quick detailer etc works out cheaper in the long run as well as you can dilute it to suit.

Stuff i've brought this year
    Zaino Bucket
    Meg Dual action machine polisher with pads and glazes
    Application pads
    Cloths
    Engine cleaner
    Engine dress
    Tar and bug removor
    Zaino Clay bar
    Poor boys wheel sealer
    Billberry wheel cleaner
    Scratch X

last year
    snow foam lance and snow foam

And theres more i want
    Peter Essling

Peter,
    Now the engine is clean it draws your eye to the rusty crank damper/pulley.

SJR
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

yeah it does, have been looking at shiny pulleys on ebay america but can't justify the cost of replacing them whilst saving money, perhaps i'll paint it black
    Peter Essling

I have LOADs of black and yellow hammerite left.... Yellow spinny wheels!!

errrr i mean black...
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff11 View Post
    where did you get it from Peter ? Looks like new
    Meguiar's have stockists all over the country. These include "Master Stockists" which have committed to stocking no less than 100% of their products.

All their stockists are listed in their booklet which I happened to pick up the other day (I have no connection with them - not even as a customer - yet). I expect if you ring them on 0870 241 6696, or go on www.meguiars.co.uk they'll send you one - or maybe tell you where your nearest stockist is.

Colin

Colin Sparrow, tearful ex-owner...

you can download the catalog from there website or get one sent to you free. lots of products for every job
    Peter Essling