Turtle Coloured Waxy stuff

Thread: Turtle Coloured Waxy stuff

Default Turtle Coloured Waxy stuff

hmm, Forgot its name and its in the garage now...

Anywho, friend gave me some Black Turtle Wax colour plus thingy with a chipstick. Thought i would give it ago today and after dodgy initial results im quite pleased with the outcome.

Its basically black wax. So instead of filling in swirl marks and top coat marks with white wax it fills them in with black wax. Tested it along a light scratch on the door against my usual merguirs. although the scratch was still there when you looked for it, it really reduced its apperance. The merguirs helped a little but it was clear from standing back a few feet that the black wax had hidden the mark and the merguirs hadnt.

It also came with a little wax chipstick. Usual stuff - run it into stone chips and heavier scores to fill them in and bring it back up to the original paint level with a colour similar to the paint colour.

Had a nasty scuff on the bonnet, and a few chipstick rubs and wax coats really really reduced its appearnce. Its still there but instead of it being blatently obvious, now its only visible if the light catches it or you are close and looking for it:

Car still needs a clay though... I think most of the marks on the body would lift off as they seem to be raised contaminations. One for a warmer day though
    Ian

Good result there Ian

Wink

If you use it every 3 or 4 washes the marks will become less apparent. Just don't hot wash.

Steve
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

Ian they would come out with some Meg's scratch X, would disappear with a machine polish if you want to go to the next stage.

although good results for a temp sort of fix.
    Peter Essling

Yup, wasnt really intending to wax today, but weather looked nice enough so thought i may as well. Will get some xstratch when I pick up a clay bar over summer.
    Ian

best time of year to do it whilst its cool, although summer is good weather wise black paint like all dark cars get hot quickly
    Peter Essling

Ah good point. Ill start thinking about doing it now while the sun is low enough to be blocked by the house.
    Ian

best idea

may i recommend some good detailing places, which doesn't include halfords

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/

have brought things from them in the past and have all been good.
    Peter Essling

Walked out to the car today and it had the sun beaming down on to it... could hardly pick out the old swirls and marks that were pretty obvious even on cloudy days before.

Really impressed now. Im not sure the pro polish and buffer i used a couple of summers back made that much difference... Although i could be a little hazzy in my remembering.

With the clay, xscratch and this stuff though I think I can get the paint into a much better condition.
    Ian