ZT260 Breaking on E-bay - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ZT260 Breaking on E-bay

"I had already spoken to them about alternators, starter motors and screen wash bottles. They wanted £80 each for the items so said no thanks other than for the screen wash bottle which costs around £150 so got that".

Did you manage to find out the VIN Tim?

Colin Sparrow, tearful ex-owner...

There were Brand New Alternators for £50 on Fleebay a while back
    For 75 ZT Cooling fan work or resistors & General Servicing or just drop in for a cuppa!
    Give me a call in Sunny North Wales.
    People drop their shopping bags when I rev Mine

Quote Originally Posted by juzza0 View Post
    What fantastic service to offer and a truly great idea.
    Absolutely - good work Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
    "I had already spoken to them about alternators, starter motors and screen wash bottles. They wanted £80 each for the items so said no thanks other than for the screen wash bottle which costs around £150 so got that".

Did you manage to find out the VIN Tim?
    Forgot to ask. Asking for £80 each set me back. Actually told them we had been selling alternators for around £50 did not make him drop his prices as he knows people will pay that sort of price. The car was a right off due to the off side rear going into a lamp post. Did tell him if he gets stuck with anything to bell me but will not be paying those sort of prices. Also mentioned the 4.2 was wrong. Nice enough chaps though, they paid £1500 for the car.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    they paid £1500 for the car.
    And by selling the bits off at the prices they currently want they should almost make back the RRP of the car when it was new!

We should club together (excuse the expression) to buy one if they are only that much... they are worth much more to us!
    #390 - It's not easy being green... and gold and yellow

It's a bit like valentines day, when the price of flowers rocket up, or mothers day, when restaurants inflate prices or charge a booking fee, or fuel shortages, when forecourt prices suddenly go up.

Some people know they are onto a good thing, and simply take advantage.

How very wrong this is. I'd rather go without than give in to the daylight robbers. Play fair, we're all supposed to be the same race.
    Belcher. :eek:<< 'Burp' !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MCSE:S, MCSA:S, MCITP
    CompTIA Security+
    CompTIA Linux+
    Linux LPI Level 1 & 2
    Citrix CCA
    VMWare VCP4
    Certified Ethical Hacker

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Basically, I am a techno-whore

hand brake cables
    Peter Essling

Totally agree. I told them they were having a laugh and wished him luck for the future!

And by selling the bits off at the prices they currently want they should almost make back the RRP of the car when it was new!

We should club together (excuse the expression) to buy one if they are only that much... they are worth much more to us!
    Storage, time are but a few things getting in the way. I think we are best placed to grab stuff in an opportunist way. The stuff I got the other week was a good example. If you lot keep your eyes open without putting a bid in and just keep the info on this site and in the owners area we can start to control the market. If you put first dibs on an item then so be it, but if the group can buy cheap that would be the result. More owners in the Two-Sixties the better all round buying control. Control demand, control prices.

Totally agree. I told them they were having a laugh and wished him luck for the future!
    Spoke to them this morning and said again if they can not shift something to come back to me but at a reduced price.
    Last edited by Tim; 14-03-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Good point Tim.

If they get back to you and want to be more reasonable in they're demands then let me know... for me its the gear lever surround, lower centre console module and rear drivers side grab handle.