advice please
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: advice please

Default advice please

Hello everyone,for the first time in 2yrs my 260 has let me down,it starts runs very lumpy then cuts out leaving a strong smell of fuel.The only way to keep it running is to give it some throttle..and then it cuts out.Could this be a faulty air flow meter,the fuel clip and pump were checked ok by my garage while it was in for the annual service..any ideas?

This is probably not the cause, but are the plugs OK?

Where abouts are you - couple of us have diagnostics tools that might help us track the fault down
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Check in and around the throttle body area any loose pipes or connectors will cause a stall,you dont mention if any check engine lights/icons are illuminated on the message centre usually associated with low pressure/fuel pump about to part,but you do say this was checked by the garage other than a T4 scan as mentioned would check leads and injector connections.

I'm sure I have read the OP before....

As said over in the other one, worth checking the fuel filter in case it wasn't put back together properly.
    Ian

Default advice please

I have indeed posted this twice doh!!Thank you all for your suggestions,i fitted the Accufab throttle body/plenum so have checked all the connections to that,the garage says the plugs are ok but i do occasionally get the 'check engine' light when the engine is restarted after a short stop..this goes out within a few seconds.I live in Hornchurch Essex tho' its actually a London borough so no Essex boy jokes please.Garage says get it to us and they can do the diagnostic,but i really wont to avoid the towing bit even tho' iv'e got relay.

Default Fuel pressure switch

Diagnostic showed fault code;P0190 Fuel rail 'A' circuit..fuel pressure switch.Anybody know were i can get one?Pleased its something i can fix and she doesn't have to be towed in.

I think that is open to interpretation. Does it deffinately mean the switch is faulty. And not that there is low fuel pressure so the switch is cutting in?
    ie the fuel filter has come apart and lost fuel pressure.

I know my Mustang is older, but the fault codes that throws up are a bit like that. You have to read into them a bit.

I would still check the fuel filter/clip it only takes a few moments, and these types of fault are often the simplest.

Good luck,

SJR
    Last edited by SJR; 05-03-2009 at 10:49 AM.
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

Quote Originally Posted by SJR View Post
    I think that is open to interpretation. Does it deffinately mean the switch is faulty. And not that there is low fuel pressure so the switch is cutting in?
    ie the fuel filter has come apart and lost fuel pressure.

I know my Mustang is older, but the fault codes that throws up are a bit like that. You have to read into them a bit.

I would still check the fuel filter/clip it only takes a few moments, and these types of fault are often the simplest.

Good luck,

SJR
    Yes I agree. I'm sure Scooter said that the fuel filter coming apart or fuel pump failure can show up as low fuel pressure in the rail.

Default advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yes I agree. I'm sure Scooter said that the fuel filter coming apart or fuel pump failure can show up as low fuel pressure in the rail.
    Thanks for that,could you run thro' how to access the clip/filter,pump i'm not sure how the rear seat comes out.