260 info - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 260 info

Quote Originally Posted by pessling View Post
    the flashing battery light is a 260 thing, happens to all cars and is something that has no cure. thats if its an a flash every now and then.
    Thanks for that. Will be interesting to see if they manage to 'cure the problem' then!! Thinking about it, I'm gonna be nervous about what they've done if it's stopped. Fingers crossed they say same as you!

Quote Originally Posted by Haxx View Post
    Thanks for that. Will be interesting to see if they manage to 'cure the problem' then!! Thinking about it, I'm gonna be nervous about what they've done if it's stopped. Fingers crossed they say same as you!
    one of them problems that you hope they haven't fixed
    Peter Essling

Quote Originally Posted by pessling View Post
    one of them problems that you hope they haven't fixed
    Garage promised to phone me yesterday. Still waiting... I'm not worried at all....
    The battery light, by the way, WAS flashing about every minute or so, but just for a fraction of a second. Took ages to work out what it was. That's considered normal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Haxx View Post
    Garage promised to phone me yesterday. Still waiting... I'm not worried at all....
    The battery light, by the way, WAS flashing about every minute or so, but just for a fraction of a second. Took ages to work out what it was. That's considered normal, right?
    yeah totally normal, often joked about that its all the different makes of ECU's talking to one another, ford to MGR to BMW items etc. nothing to worry about, it still catches my eye and have had my car nearly 3 years
    Peter Essling

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

When I had my T5 Volvo the service light came up on the dash and, for some reason, the garage I took it to couldn't reset it. I found that an expertly fitted piece of black insulation tape removed it from view.

Not sure you'd want to do it on the 260, just in case there's a real problem, but I have been tempted at times.

Mine seems slightly worse when I've got the lights on, which is quite often for me (being a former Volvo owner).

God, have I just admitted to having a Volvo? Better go and have a lie down...
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

I also have a Volvo, but that's all I'm saying!

Haxx, I'm often down that way, maybe a few of us can get together sometime
    A

Quote Originally Posted by BigA View Post
    I also have a Volvo, but that's all I'm saying!
    And me - though can claim it was best of a bad lot on a company car list
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Quote Originally Posted by BigA View Post
    Haxx, I'm often down that way, maybe a few of us can get together sometime
    Excellent that's another one! Stu C's got mates that he visits that are about 20 miles from me. Just met someone on 75&ZT who lives a few miles from me and we have a mutual friend. There is definately scope for something in the 'Middle of No-where' West Wales. (If you can fight your way through the swarms of saxos, clios and corsas with 4" wastepipe exhausts).

I Also used to drive (though not own) a Volvo (V70R). Chauffeuring a friend of mine about who was terminally ill. He just had to own one, but was too ill to drive it. Sad, but we had a few hilarious drives in it. Wish he'd seen the 260. Would have been proud.