Another ZT V8 SE for sale, guess what colour.............. its Silver - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another ZT V8 SE for sale, guess what colour.............. its Silver

You say that the treat of the tax increase has gone away for big engined cars. But surely, this has only been postponed for a year if i understand it correctly.
    Don`t count the days, make each day count.
    Vin 159. X-Power Grey, LPG converted (now sold:ash)
    Criteria for my cars - the numbers of cylinders must be more than the number of seats:D

Quote Originally Posted by precious metal View Post

3. the ZTT is not in much demand either as it appeals to a different buyer

4. colour is important, Flip / Chromactive paints are not wanted at all -
    Good points James.

You find a ZTT in Flip / Chromactive and pay your usual £5k underwrite Price for it and I'll give you £5250.

Regards,
    Bruce.
    BRM 494 of Just 795, Rare. MG ZT-T 260 SE 389, Rarer. MG METRO TURBO, Getting Scarce. Black Olive ZR X210 one off, ZR-X Unique, MG TF, Fun in the Sun.

Nigel - Yes you are correct ref road tax, it has gone away until this years budget but i believe the increase this year will not be upto £450 for 2001 to 2006 cars that was proposed last year as this goes against the rules brought out in march 2001 for Co2 ratings. so the chancellor has accpted this is an unfair ruling to ignore and overule the previous agreed tax ratings

I believe it will be smaller acceptable increases per year and not
    just doubling the tax in the next increase, this is due to eveyone owning an 1800cc engine or bigger being badly effected by the proposals. even labours own ministers disagreed wuith the Chancellors proposals. This is why big engined cars dropped in value mid last year and now people are keeping them and not selling them which is what the government wanted

Bruce - I buy ZT's or ZTT's according to market value and supply and demand and i dont pay £5000 for everyone, i wish i did !!!! the advert you have seen for purchasing them says £5000 - it means nothing really, its just you have to put a £ value in to the make the advert go live

Default Road tax - VED rates

Just noticed this in a trade magazine in a comment on the current car market ::

"The postponement of the radical reform of Vehicle Excise Duty planned for April also presents opportunities, he said.
    VED increases for the most polluting cars have been capped at £5 when the planned rise was up to £230. Even in 2010 the increase will be limited to £30"

regards

James

Good news for us then!
    #390 - It's not easy being green... and gold and yellow

Quote Originally Posted by precious metal View Post
    Tim , the market is better now than last last year, partly as the Chancellors road tax increase threat has gone away for big engine cars.

Other reasons are :

1. cars are now £6k - £10k, SE's are the only model really wanted by buyers. i know owners will disagree with the base / SE argument but the retail market doesnt seem to want the Base model unless it has quite a few SE options, as the buyers want luxury and power and dont want manual rear windows, manual seats and cheap metro cloth inserts as we are in 2009 now.

2. mileage (upto 40/50k) and full history is very important.

3. the ZTT is not in much demand either as it appeals to a different buyer

4. colour is important, Flip / Chromactive paints are not wanted at all - Silver / Black / X Power Grey / Green and Blue are most popular. The 3 x silver ones i had were all easy to sell as they look so good in that colour, i know this divides opinion, but silver is a safe good colour

hope this helps all you owners

regards

James
    www.elitecar.co.uk
    I agree with your assessment James. The cars, at £6 - 10k are such good value they are a tempting prospect, especially as the road tax increase doesn't apply this year, at least. Next year will probably depend on the election for pre Mar 2006 cars.

Lots of base model cars have had the main extras fitted. I couldn't care less about rear electric windows myself, but I suppose some do. Leather or alcantara is nice though and aftermarket sat nav is better than the OE one if you choose correctly.

My thoughts on Shot Silk, Bittersweet paint jobs etc. were well documented in the past, and I don't want to start another war so I will just say that I don't like them at all. Better on Citroen Saxos.

Hopefully the values will steadily rise for the better cared for examples over the next few years as the best ones become regarded as classics. I notice in this month's Enjoying MG, that the editor has asked for definitions of a classic car.
    Everyone used to have more or less the same idea about that. Racing Pedigree, rare, Prestigious badge etc. But that was before the likes of the Allegro Owners Club and the Marina Owners Club started telling people that they owned classic cars. Not in this world matey.!
    Last edited by Phil; 02-03-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Im sure I saw this car on Ebay sell for £5900.

Did it really sell for over £8000 ?