Another one for sale - ZT V8 260 SE in........Silver !! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another one for sale - ZT V8 260 SE in........Silver !!

T16, most of our members agree with our policy. Should you become a 260 owner and decide to join us, you may see the wisdom of it.
    If you decide not to join, that is your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Sorry, objection here! Reason we are doing well is we all know either what we are talking about and do not suffer from trolls/time wasters. Side issue if you have noticed, we don't suffer spammers. Tight ship and all. I will have a chat with James as there may be a different route, with what I have seen of James and the way he trades I'm sure there is some middle ground.

Lastly keeping a grip of everything Two-Sixties keeps our name up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    T16, most of our members agree with our policy. Should you become a 260 owner and decide to join us, you may see the wisdom of it.
    If you decide not to join, that is your decision.
    Wholehearted agreement.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Wholehearted agreement.

Totally agree - I've stopped visiting a number of other forums to avoid the issues Tim refers to and welcome the approach adopted here
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    I am shortly to become a 260 owner, but in the total absence of decent access to the other parts, I am not sure whether I would be inclined to register here even when I get one !

Sorry to sound so negative, but it's not going to help any potential owners out there by restricting access.
    I used to feel the same before i got my 260, but your opinion will change when you become a full member... mine did.

People who want help before they buy a 260 can still get it from here too.

The trouble with opening the whole site up to everyone is that it effects the overall quality of the site and the people who post in my opinion.
    #390 - It's not easy being green... and gold and yellow

Ex-Mod, RIP

This is great to read the reactions, but quite different to my origional post:

It was for james to have the MGMustang logo file so that when he has a 260 for sale, he can head the advert it with MGMustang logo.

ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

OK.

Well, why can't you give read only access to the extra sections?

I can't think of any immediate disadvantages... Not yet anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    It was for james to have the MGMustang logo file so that when he has a 260 for sale, he can head the advert it with MGMustang logo.

Speak to Tim, Andy. I think Justin has it.

Default Mg Zt V8 Se

This MG V8 site is very good in comms and also for info etc, and is the best of the MG sites around, but i seemed to have opened up a can of worms and touched on a nerve with some owners - sorry for that.

I understand that there are "private areas" for owner members, which is fine and fully understand this, and i can access only 85 % of the site which i accept as a non owner member ( although i have 2 x 260's in my possesion)

However my main point is if i can read, reply and post a comment as a non owner member on the forum i dont see why when someone has replied to my question or whatever and they enclose a helpful reply inc a simple photo, that the reply i can read but i cant see the photo to go with the note. personally i think this is an error or oversight in the setup of this site.

I think this particular area creates a "them and us" feeling and is not particularly clever as it is not encouraging potential owners to feeling welcome. I have a few customers who have bought 260's and feel the same way :

"The site is great in its look, setup, members, feedback etc, but the issue of full access to pics or links of the main forum should be open to all members and not just owner members but still keeping the other private areas for owner members only"

regards

James
    www.elitecar.co.uk

PS - BOTH SILVER 54 reg ZT 260 SE's IN SILVER ARE NOW SOLD

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by precious metal View Post
    ............. but i seemed to have opened up a can of worms and touched on a nerve with some owners - sorry for that. James
    It's OK this comes up rarely.

If you get an Aston Martin Shooting Brake or Convertable for Sale let me know

ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple