Might want to buy Zero's or X-powers anyone interested selling?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might want to buy Zero's or X-powers anyone interested selling?

Default Might want to buy Zero's or X-powers anyone interested selling?

Hi

As you all know I am looking for a ZT260 and I have been presented with a few options but 1 only has a standard exhaust and I think I wont be happy with that. I would prefer a set of Zero's but X-Powers are more affordable so basically is anyone interested in selling and if so how much would you want?

Hopefully will be testing the cars soon so trying to plan ahead and cover all bases by work out expenses and which one to go for.

Thanks

Martin

Phil Evans

My Zero's are currently on order for about £500 new. They should give a good power increase and are quads.

I'm not sure if the X-power exhausts increase power and they are not quads.
    Cheers
    Phil

BBK: 78mm TB/upper plenum, Cold Air Induction, under-drive pulleys and valve covers; UPR plenum spacer and 160 degree stat; DEI heat wraps/tubes/shields; NGK TR7IX plugs; crank breathers; heads fully ported, polished, flowed and skimmed; PP Typhoon inlet manifold; OBX racing cam gears; Mocal oil cooler; Snow MAF II BC water-methanol injection; Venom/NX dry nitrous; UniQ piggyback ECU; ARP rod bolts and head studs; Milltek racing cats; Magnaflow centre resonator; Zero quads; EBC Turbo discs and Redstuff ceramic pads; MG7" SatNav with Freeview.

80 screaming decibels at Castle Combe on the sound test the centre resonator works

i believe there is more of a power increase with the x powers over the zero's. scooter tested a car with an accufab and x powers and got around 15bhp, although i prefer the zeros which i have although love the noise of the x powers, just don't know if i could live with them
    Peter Essling

Phil Evans

I thought that X-power did not make any claims for a power increase, just better "noise", so I assumed power would not be up?

The Zero's do claim more through-flow and my tuner (SEM) seems to think they will make a difference. Still you never really know until you get it on a dyno.
    Cheers
    Phil

BBK: 78mm TB/upper plenum, Cold Air Induction, under-drive pulleys and valve covers; UPR plenum spacer and 160 degree stat; DEI heat wraps/tubes/shields; NGK TR7IX plugs; crank breathers; heads fully ported, polished, flowed and skimmed; PP Typhoon inlet manifold; OBX racing cam gears; Mocal oil cooler; Snow MAF II BC water-methanol injection; Venom/NX dry nitrous; UniQ piggyback ECU; ARP rod bolts and head studs; Milltek racing cats; Magnaflow centre resonator; Zero quads; EBC Turbo discs and Redstuff ceramic pads; MG7" SatNav with Freeview.

80 screaming decibels at Castle Combe on the sound test the centre resonator works

Well I would prefer a car with zeros on as they are still quads but beggars can't be choosers....

Though If I have to upgrade then I will prob go with the zeros unless I get offered a really good deal.

Xpowers new are 300, Zeroes are about 500.

I'm interested in a set of Xpowers too, but as an additional set to the zeroes I already have. Doubt I could live with them for ever, especially in winter when I drive with low engine RPMs. So would be a summer time swap over for 'fun'.

But as it would be an unnecessary expense I would only get some if I saw a cheap 2nd set.

Doesnt help you out much though, sorry.
    Ian

If you did get xpowers, im sure you would be able to sell them if you wanted to get zeroes...
    Ian

How about a set of these from zero exhausts

pfffff...... That's not a side exhaust....

THIS is a side exhaust:

hahah. it was real, hooked up and everything. Both sides!!! Didn't hear it though, but i bet it sounded ace....
    Ian

Would rather have the cobra over that cruiser.....

Sh4rky that sounds too much work to me with switching over exhausts.... If you want louder just get and keep the x-powers and if I need a set of Zeros sell them to me