Should I(t) stay or should I(t) go. (In the words of The Clash) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should I(t) stay or should I(t) go. (In the words of The Clash)

Oh yes- always grinning like a loon, and really look forward to Fridays
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Can only repeat the above , I reckon if you mothball the car it may, in 15 years make you a happy bear!
    Must of died, now smitten in 260 heaven.

I think u ought to consider we are a rare bunch and pretty soon will likely be extinct...... love the motor and take advice. this is not your daily ration.
    Must of died, now smitten in 260 heaven.

I have had my 260 for 17 months now, is LPG converted. I also brought an MGF for the summer months to keep the miles off the 260. Result, I have put over 20,000 on the 260 and only 3,000 on the f. They are addictive for sure. With LPG my pence per mile is actually less than the F. Servicing is more expensive for sure, I have kept mine on the button which dosen`t come cheap. I am also considering selling, the trouble is when sitting at home it makes sense to sell (I need to reduce the number of cars i have, currently 5, 3 of which are MG`s) however, as soon as you drive it, well, ther doubts creep in again. As the saying goes, if in doubt, do nothing. don`t act and then regret it.
    Don`t count the days, make each day count.
    Vin 159. X-Power Grey, LPG converted (now sold:ash)
    Criteria for my cars - the numbers of cylinders must be more than the number of seats:D

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Lewis View Post
    I have had my 260 for 17 months now, is LPG converted. I also brought an MGF for the summer months to keep the miles off the 260. Result, I have put over 20,000 on the 260 and only 3,000 on the f. They are addictive for sure. With LPG my pence per mile is actually less than the F. Servicing is more expensive for sure, I have kept mine on the button which dosen`t come cheap. I am also considering selling, the trouble is when sitting at home it makes sense to sell (I need to reduce the number of cars i have, currently 5, 3 of which are MG`s) however, as soon as you drive it, well, ther doubts creep in again. As the saying goes, if in doubt, do nothing. don`t act and then regret it.
    I currently have 2 cars on the driveway 75 cdt conn se and a mx5 for the clear days and like Nigel I have hardly touched the convertible... I know the 75 aint a 260 but its such a nice drive and as its been suped up its very responsive. So I decide to get rid of the mx5 and go for a 260 (Thankfully the mx5 is staying in the family so I will still get some use in the summer) Hmm I should not talk you out of selling the 260 especially Nigel as I am after buying one......

Worse case scenario is you sell it you discover you miss it and then go out and buy another one in a few months when they are slightly cheaper (cant see them going up but you never know)

I done exactly that a few years ago. Back in 1998, I brought a TVR Griffith. Had it four 4 years, got itchy feet and sold it. Regretted it big time, and within a couple of years had gone out and brought another one. Needless to say i spent out more to replace than i got when i sold. Need to get that qualification in hindsight
    Don`t count the days, make each day count.
    Vin 159. X-Power Grey, LPG converted (now sold:ash)
    Criteria for my cars - the numbers of cylinders must be more than the number of seats:D

Thanks for all your input, but all things considered it's going to have to go. I don't have a garage to mothball the 260 and I don't have the space for another car to use as a runabout. I have enjoyed nearly 4 years of ownership and it is the longest I have ever owned a car. (A testament to its appeal) So if anyone is interested the details are as follows:

2004 54 MG ZT Starlight Silver. 34,600 miles with professional LPG conversion (Certificate supplied) Purchased as a pre-registered car in June 2005. Serviced every 5,000 miles. Have done the fuel clip, bonnet catch mod, diff oil, and have a top heater hose to fit. The alloys will need refurbing as the silver has started peeling off. Tyres have probably got about 1000 miles left on them and it will need another oil change at 35,000. Just had a new starter motor fitted. Interior and body work is immacculate. I have been offered £5,000 for it against a new Golf R32 or Focus ST
    email me on ian.sandom@talktalk.net