Should I(t) stay or should I(t) go. (In the words of The Clash)

Thread: Should I(t) stay or should I(t) go. (In the words of The Clash)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Currently drive for city-link just off J10 M6 Black country route, Inter-depot parcel delivery. Previously car-delivery thats where I 1st got to drive the 260 as I loaded them onto the truck. Always said I would own one, one day. Probably drove a few belonging to members on here as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by lowey260 View Post
    Currently drive for city-link just off J10 M6 Black country route, Inter-depot parcel delivery. Previously car-delivery thats where I 1st got to drive the 260 as I loaded them onto the truck. Always said I would own one, one day. Probably drove a few belonging to members on here as well!!
    Ah right probably seen you then when im going down the M6 myself in a morning, hauling tractor wheels (i drive for Arcese)

Thats got to be one of the best bits of being on the transporters though having a drive of some of the nice cars
    2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
    2000 MGF 1.8 Steptronic

MG ZT260 SE #171 'The Boat'
    - Gone but not forgotten

Daily Driver:- 2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 TDi Xcellence

Interesting you mention a Focus ST, my wife has one and it is insanely quick. But, for me, the ZT is far more special and quirky and I love the q-carness of it, there is something hilariously wonderful about the fact that it looks like any other ZT from the front, but is anything but ordinary. It is cracking me up at work too, everyone now knows when I leave or arrive. Just today I had one colleague (who has no interest in cars) say to me, his face lit up, "It sounds like a NASCAR!" Another colleague offered to show me where second gear was, as I like to let the V8 be heard as a I arrive Not that this helps your decision making process any, I realise. Although I would suggest that if you can get a Focus ST cheap enough, it probably would give you less hassle than your ZT. Those quirks and that uniqueness are not such a laugh when you are totally dependent on the car. Oh, and the Focus is pretty bad on petrol too - 22mpg is our average. But it's almost as much fun as burning through fuel with a V8
    Last edited by havoc1; 06-02-2009 at 11:09 PM.

No need to remove the st being faster there are a lot faster cars out there but few with the same amount of spunk as our american friends would say. Can I say that in these times, oh as I've said before **** them all.

Steve.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

I drive a 75 cdti most days and find that the combined cost isn't too bad. The 75 is pretty bullet proof and running costs are very low. Standard parts are dead easy to get- the last time I was in SMC they'd just had one in with 200k on it - for a routine service

Overall that allows me to indulge in the 260 with very low insurance costs and have a lot of fun!

I'm convinced that for me this is better than having a single car and replacing every 2 or 3 years

If the 75 was totalled tomorrow I'd buy another one 'cos they're ridiculously cheap as well
    A

Quote Originally Posted by BigA View Post
    I drive a 75 cdti most days and find that the combined cost isn't too bad. The 75 is pretty bullet proof and running costs are very low. Standard parts are dead easy to get- the last time I was in SMC they'd just had one in with 200k on it - for a routine service

Overall that allows me to indulge in the 260 with very low insurance costs and have a lot of fun!

I'm convinced that for me this is better than having a single car and replacing every 2 or 3 years

If the 75 was totalled tomorrow I'd buy another one 'cos they're ridiculously cheap as well
    Same for me too... i totally agree. My 75 is fantastic (although the 2.0 V6 gives the old V8 a run for its money at the fuel pumps!) its a top quality bullet proof daily runaround and its stupidly cheap to ensure and run.

It definitely allows you to enjoy and appreciate the V8 more too.
    #390 - It's not easy being green... and gold and yellow